I need the following piece cut and shipped. I used a local shop to build 90 of these in three seperate batches. Quaility was good and lead time usually acceptable. I am checking prices here and will utilize a vendor if the price is right.
1. Material - 16 gauge steel
2. Material to be provided by vendor
3. 15 units
4. Drawing is attached. Pic of finished product installed on bike is attached.
5. Lead time needs to be 2-3 wks
6. End time for RFQ is Wednesday, 3/8/06
7. Part will be chromed.
8. Two 90 degree bends are required in the piece (dashed lines).
9. Pricing should be per unit including freight to zip 76131.
Regarding the drawing,
1. The part requires two 90 degree bends. When looking at the drawing, the two flaps will bend up. This is critical for the notches to be in the correct place. Sorry, I don't know the proper method to reflect the bend in the drawing.
2. After the pieces are bent, the end with the 1.19 radius tab will be enclosed with a strip of material that follows the radius. The strip of metal will be fully welded in place. The weld should be ground down smooth with no gaps or voids. The weld should be thick enough to allow the chromer to sand an finish the welded area without penetrating the material.
How many of the part's do you think you will ever need with a little creativity I could make the welding a minumim You say bend up the notch's are for what look's like the shock tab's? Could I use a small slice of 2.375 od tubing for cap would help. how much clearance under this part If I new what bike I could try and look at a swing arm to seeYou want the quote with the welding and sanding done?
Let me know if I can help Kevin