Job Opportunity: Applications Engineer – Horizontal Machining for Makino in Auburn Hills, MI
Is it time for a change? Do you enjoy what you do, but feel ready for something new?
The Applications Engineer is responsible for reviewing and analyzing various customer manufacturing requirements using their advanced technical knowledge to design, plan and coordinate the integration of machinery, equipment and process to deliver a solution into a customer’s manufacturing process.
This role is responsible for:
• Evaluating the customer part geometry to determine optimum processing using the company’s products including tooling selection, cutting time and surface finish.
• Consulting with multiple third party suppliers to jointly develop solutions for customers.
• Writing and editing tool paths and the development of new machining processes.
• Preparing pre-sale cutting demonstrations to assist in closing a sale; designing and procuring equipment needed for demonstrations and documenting the results for use in future sales.
• Providing on-going customer applications assistance after the sale including customer site visits; offering consulting services to customers and determining value added services to be sold.
• Supporting regional and national machine tool shows with cutting demonstrations and advanced technical discussions with customers and suppliers.
• Participating in meetings, seminars and training sessions to stay apprised of new developments in the field; mastering state-of-the-art Die/Mold technology to develop the optimal customer solution for the most technically advanced customers.
• Providing technical information to other departments such as marketing, sales and engineering.
Qualified Candidates should be a team player and a self-starter, and have:
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred); or Associate’s degree in a technical field, or the completion of apprenticeship in mold making or tool and die discipline, with multiple years of experience in horizontal and vertical machining related field
• Advanced CNC and CAM knowledge
• Self-motivation and ability to work in a team environment. Serve as a technical mentor and leader
• Highly advanced technical knowledge, creative problem solving and logical troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communication and customer relations skills
• Solid documentation and written communication skills
• Strong project management and rational decision making skills
• Willingness to travel, at times extensively
Makino is a world leader in metal cutting and manufacturing technology. At Makino employees enjoy a stable environment from a company that is highly recognized and respected for their products and has years of success and growth in the machine tool industry. We offer competitive pay, generous benefits and ongoing training.
A company is only as good as its people and Makino’s employees are the best. If you would like to be one of the best and are interested in experiencing job growth in a team environment, please apply now by visiting Candidate Section or submitting your resume and salary requirements to job+MAK.AEHMI@strategichrinc.com.
Learn More. Earn More. Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V.
Visit Machine Tools, CNC Machine Tools, Machining Technology | Makino, Inc. to learn more.