EDM Department Inc. is a technological leader in Micro and Nano manufacturing. Supporting the Medical and Defense industries with seamless integration of product development and production.
This opening is for an experienced CNC Mill Programmer/Operator. This position is responsible for:
- Programming CNC Graphite VMCs using information provided on part drawings and 3D models using CAD/CAM to produce electrodes for EDM machining.
- Selecting the correct fixtures, cutting tools, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and the sequence of operations to achieve the required part specifications.
- Starting and monitoring the machines as the jobs run to ensure that the machines are operating properly.
- Completing First Piece Inspection, In-Process Inspection and Last Piece Inspections.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience operating CNC Mills (FANUC Controls preferred)
- Experience with Solidworks and/or Esprit software
- Functional understanding of mold assemblies
- Experience with automated work chucks and robotic workcells
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing as to work requirements.
- Ability to use inspection equipment
- Read and understand blueprints and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to work within tolerances of +/-.0002” regularly
Please call EDM Department Inc at 630-736-0531 to respond to this ad.