Looking for Sr. Field Applications Engineer

Thread: Looking for Sr. Field Applications Engineer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for Sr. Field Applications Engineer

This position is responsible for frequent online meetings, face to face, onsite communications with customers, sales, service and other departments regarding technical machine applications information and operations. This position will be responsible to build and maintain an Autodesk support program. Travel to customers will be required on a weekly basis including occasional overnight stays.
    ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
    Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions

• Train customers, management, and machine operators on the proper and safe use of the machines at the customer’s site
    • Train customers, management, and machine programmers on use of Autodesk HSM products
    • Teach and develop Autodesk classes
    • Teach and develop G Code and other Programming classes
    • Help develop customer and employee training programs by sharing personal experience and experience gained from the onsite training process
    • Help maintain a clean, organized showroom including the machines and peripheral equipment
    • Assist with sales and service calls as needed and requested
    • Generate Time Studies for machining parts as required to assist sales with explaining machine capabilities and performance
    • Provide sales and service with 3d models.
    • Set-up and program machine demos for customers and for scheduled In house events
    • Help service Identify, problems where the application may be the source of the problem
    • Knowledge of G-code as well as CAD/CAM Software (ex: Autodesk HSM family, Mastercam, OneCNC) ; Knowledge of Solidworks AND/OR Inventor a BIG PLUS
    • Troubleshoot, design, and implement custom fixtures and turnkey solutions for customers
    • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear clearly. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
    • The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.

QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
    To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
    • High school diploma or GED
    • 10+ years related experience and/or training in CNC applications
    • Certified in CNC, SPC, Mastercam and ISO 9000
    • Experience in Autodesk family of software
    • G Code Programing experience
    • Good attitude and people skills a must
    • Good listener with accurate intake of information from customer
    • Able to Build positive relationships with customers
    • Ability to multi-task along with strong organizational and computer skills
    • Advanced customer service skills to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor even when relating to angry or unreasonable customer demands
    • Must be willing to travel on an “as needed” basis. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected
    • Ability to define problems, collect data accurately, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions as well as interpret an extensive variety of technical/mechanical solutions.

This job is in Anaheim CA. The work area is Southern California

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by wcbob; 03-10-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for Sr. Field Applications Engineer

I wish I could fast forward time to make it 10 years experience but in reality I only have 2 years in the CNC but in that 2 year span I can make any product I want, program any computer, set-up any CNC machine I want including a 20 footer sized CNC machine conversion to MACH 3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I believe if you feel you are qualified without 10 years experience, send a resume.

Downloads
    Uploads

Will do sir, im more than willing to be tested both theory and actual, software and hardware, product output (wood, plastic, steel, aluminum) pictures of finished products with G-Code, currently worked here in our local shop mass producing gun parts (Wood, Steel, Aluminum), motorcycle parts, and anything that involves CNC controls (plasma router, laser)

Edit: Sorry sir I cant send the entire resume thru PM

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for Sr. Field Applications Engineer-capture018-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Got to give the man points for enthusiasm. I have 15 years in manufacturing, and I cant drum up that much confidence...

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow ALL that in two years ??????????

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    Wow ALL that in two years ??????????
    Actually I do have a background in manual machining thru lathe and manual router back in the days sir, im an electronics enthusiast/technician in the college days, this trade helped me financially on those years, got a stable job as HVAC engineer in 2003 somewhere in the US and tried the PC hobby and build this >>> , until I got a grasp on the software and hardware then the CNC controls takes place, at first it`s the plasma, mistakenly ordered by my uncle (380VAC 3 phase) I tried converting it to a single phase 220VAC but using another plasma machine (40 amp) as a cutting tool for the CNC controls then got addicted again and went further, so basically I can make my own CNC machine using any kind of electronics available, learned the G-code programming now this is where I am now. Still I wanna learn more sir, I wanna try learn the high end CNC`s and softwares which I cannot afford (not in my lifetime I guess)