VMC 4 Axis contract programmer

Thread: VMC 4 Axis contract programmer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

It has been a while since I have been up here. Are you still looking a programmer? I do programming on the side. If I cant help I can point you in the right direction.

Downloads
    Uploads

jdatbmc,

Do you want a tool path program or are you actually trying to obtain the profile Geometry for the tri-lobe rotors?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool 4 axis programming

Hello,

I can do 4 axis programming for your Haas, I just updated to Mastercam X5 and would have to make sure that I have a post that would work for your machine. Can you provide me with a .stp, .igs or whatever format file that you can export what you need to have programmed so that I can see what you need done and give you some kind of idea of what I think it would take me to program it for you? I believe that you will find my rates are reasonable as I can make them and I am willing to work with you in any way that I can. Send me a private e-mail and I will be more than happy to call you to talk about your project.

Thanks for your time and have a great day!
    Rick Linnabary Jr.

Downloads
    Uploads

Rick,

I suspect that this individual is seeking the actual tri-lobe rotor profile and does not really need a programmer. If the individual has CNC capabilities then they have a CAD/CAM program. It was not long ago when a person from India openly asked for the profile design because they could not generate the constant meshing profile. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc_to...machining.html

There are many examples for how to create the two lobe constant meshing rotors but, with one exception there are NO examples for how to generate the constant meshing tri-lobe rotors. The exception is an online example that illustrates the process of using Epicycloid and Hypocycloid curves to draw the rotor and it generates the control points for the rotor profile. However the resulting profile is inefficient due to the large rotor mass. The rotor mass is the area consumed by the rotor when the profile is placed in a circle that is generated tangent to the three lobes. I spent a considerable amount of time before I came up with a method for generating an efficient rotor profile. The 6-71 series blower that is used in drag racing displaces 411 cubic inches per revolution. My profile displaces 410.6 cubic inches per revolution. Each rotor profile is comprised of 324 arcs with varying radius. By using a back cut 220° spherical end mill the rotor with a 60° helix can be machined on a 3 axis machine using either a dividing or indexing head that is capable of 120° increments.

back cut 220° spherical end mill: Harvey Tool - Undercutting End Mills | 220°

Apparently the technology in India has yet to reach that of the Chinese. Elsewise they would not ask for help, they would just steal the technology. Let them do their own home work!

RFB

http://flickcabin.com/public/view/full/153169

Last edited by RFB; 03-19-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: New Rotor Image

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RFB View Post
    Rick,

I suspect that this individual is seeking the actual tri-lobe rotor profile and does not really need a programmer. If the individual has CNC capabilities then they have a CAD/CAM program. It was not long ago when I person from India openly asked for the profile design because they could not generate the constant meshing profile. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc_to...machining.html

There are many examples for how to create the two lobe constant meshing rotors but, with one exception, there are NO examples for how to generate the constant meshing tri-lobe rotors. The exception is an online example that illustrates the process of using Epicycloid and Hypocycloid to draw the rotor and it generates the control points for the rotor profile. However the resulting profile is inefficient due to the large rotor mass. The rotor mass is the area consumed by the rotor when the profile is placed in a circle that is generated tangent to the three lobes. I spent a considerable amount of time before I came up with a method for generating an efficient rotor profile. The 6-71 series blower that is used in drag racing displaces 411 cubic inches per revolution. My profile displaces 410.6 cubic inches per revolution.

Apparently the technology in India has yet to reach that of the Chinese. Elsewise they would not ask for help, they would just steal the technology. Let them do their own home work!

RFB
    RFB,
    Thanks for the head's up on this post.
    Rick