emco f1 vs/ prolight 1000

Thread: emco f1 vs/ prolight 1000

Downloads
    Uploads

Question emco f1 vs/ prolight 1000

any opinions about which is better? an emco f1 vs pro light 1000?

the prolight has r8 tooling, but is on linear rod slides. while that seems like it should not be able to make as heavy of a cut, might it be faster?

any plusses?

the emco f1 is MUCH easier to change tools. should be able to take heavier cuts, and makes less of a mess with a more self contained cabinet.

anyone out there ever used both to compare?

thanks in advance for any input.

emco f1 vs/ prolight 1000-1000-gif
    emco f1 vs/ prolight 1000-emco-cnc-f1-mill-emco-cnc-compact

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: emco f1 vs/ prolight 1000

ProLight has an R8 spindle. F1 has a BT30 spindle. I don't know if it has the counterbore to accept NMTB30 tooling.

The ProLight had a 5000 or 10000 RPM spindle option on the stepper motor PLM1000 model. F1 tops at 2000 RPM.

The PLM1000 should have the same 100 pound working load of the servo motor PLM2000. Manuals for both are available to download from Intelitek.

I'd have to check for sure but it looks like the F1 has a smaller table. It only has two T slots VS the Prolight's three. (I used to have a 12 speed Drill/mill and the lack of a middle T slot was a big pain for setups.)

If you get a PLM1000 and want to use it as original, you must get the big black box AND the ISA or PCI interface card. Without either of those, you may as well take everything off the mill except the motors and get new electronics.

There is Windows control software for the PLM1000. Nobody at Light Machines or Intelitek bothered to make anything but DOS software for the PLM2000.

More info on the F1
    http://203.159.5.16/faculty/bohez/data/EMCOF1CNC.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks Galane (better late than never....)

Downloads
    Uploads

I got the software and technical info from Moog Animatics for the Animatics servo controllers used in the ProLight 2000. Software is all DOS of course, but with it the controller can be configured and should be able to be loaded with code to do repeat operations without needing a computer connected.

Shared here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16242481/CD5XX6.zip

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have the prolight up and running?
    I need help....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by IrvCNC View Post
    Do you have the prolight up and running?
    I need help....
    Is yours a 1000 or a 2000? Mine is a 2000. The DOS software *may* work under windows 9x. It will not work properly with Windows XP because XP constantly seizes control of the serial ports which breaks communication with the mill.

If you have a 1000 missing any of its electronics, take everything off but the motors and install new stuff. Much less expensive than trying to find replacements.