Problem PC MILL55 Fanuc O-M pc keyboard incremental jog

Thread: PC MILL55 Fanuc O-M pc keyboard incremental jog

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PC MILL55 Fanuc O-M pc keyboard incremental jog

Hi all. I'm successfully using an Emco PC MILL55 with the original hardware (pc RS422 card) and winnc software V13.62 emulating a Fanuc O-M controller. I'm using the pc keyboard to control the machine but the original 'software description' book, edition H2001-8 I have, leaves a lot of detail to be desired. In particular, I'm stuck on the key sequence to enable incremental jog ; I've tried most possible combinations of cntl/shift/alt along with the 'top row' numbers 1 to 4 as indicated in the book but nothing seems to work. Is anyone able to help me in this area please ? I'm able to jog as expected in 'normal jog' mode and am able to alter feed rates, and therefore jog speed ok. I'm unable to get the Genius digitizer tablet and overlay working to see if the 'incremental jog' function works with that - but that's another story. Any help appreciated.
    Peter

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PC MILL55 Fanuc O-M pc keyboard incremental jog

Funny you posted this. I just posted this morning the same question on the Emco lathe side. I'm pulling my hair out as well. Cannot wait to get my unit converted over to servo motors and Tormach's PathPilot software.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/emco-l...lp-needed.html

Let me know if you find any tips that work. I was hoping to do some test work over the weekend but if I cannot use incremental jogs then I'm kind of dead in the water.

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've now solved my own problem with the MILL55 and WinNC / FANUC 0M using the PC keyboard for incremental jog....
    1) Select jog mode, F1, F6. Jog mode is confirmed……
    2) Press F1 to bring up the ‘F1 menu’. We’re still in JOG mode but notice the right chevron (>) to the right of the menu bar.
    3) Select the right chevron (>) to the right of the menu bar with the mouse to display the incremental jog selections. I haven’t yet discovered how to select the chevron with the keyboard.
    4) Select the desired increment. The mode changes from JOG to STEP
    5) As far as I am able to determine, the jog increment is not displayed, however the incremental jog does now work using the standard jog keys on the number keypad.
    6) It’s useful to be able to see the actual jogging process and actual position changes so…..Press F12 to bring up the position menu. Note, we’re still in STEP mode.
    7) Select F3 to display position information.
    The jog keys work in incremental mode as expected – this has been confirmed with a dial indicator placed against the bed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Chaplipa,

Thanks for the info. I have followed the instructions however I can only get the machine to make one step. I have to then hit the reset button (#0 on the keypad) to get it to move another step using the keypad arrows...... Can it jog in the STEP mode?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Andrew. Yes, having selected a jogging increment in STEP mode, each press of the normal keypad jogging keys jogs the table by the selected increment. This is repeated for each subsequent keypress in whatever direction I choose. This is what I expect is normal operation - there's no need to reset or anything else - just as long as STEP mode is enabled. My machine is a MILL55 and I do have the original software operation manual, however, it's extremely vague in describing the PC keyboard functions and it was only by careful scrutiny of the screen that I noticed the right chevron (>) which was the key to the whole problem. The manual didn't refer to this function at all. I subsequently discovered, by reading a later/alternative (emcotronic) manual found on the web, that whilst JOG mode is enabled, the right chevron is referred to and is selected with the keyboard F11 key (see http://www.emco-world.com/uploads/tx..._Mill_En_G.pdf page 9). I haven't tried the F11 keyboard trick yet.
    Hope this helps and I wish you luck. Come back if I can be of more help.

Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Man, I still cannot get it to do more than one step while in step mode. Set it to either step via the keyboard or on the control panel (set the knob to the increment I want), hit the jog key one punch, all is good. It moves by one step in the direction I want it to go. However, if I need to go three or four steps I have to either change the increment or hit the reset key. Makes walking into the edge of a part a real challenge. I've gone and looked into all the parameter settings and cannot find anything about a setting for enabling step mode.....