Need Help! Help with GE Fanuc Series 21 Controls

Thread: Help with GE Fanuc Series 21 Controls

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with GE Fanuc Series 21 Controls

Hello CNCZone Family,

Well, due to some delays on converting my Emco PC Turn 105 over to Tormach PathPilot and servos I've had to put the lathe back together and try and use it using the Fanuc Series 21 controller. I have the manual from Emco and keep doing everything is says however it does not seem to be responding correctly. The lathe is fully functioning using it in manual mode. I can also initiate tool changes and M03 commands so I know that it's working. Basically I've gotten spoiled to the Tormach controls on my PCNC 1100 mill and stepping back to the dark ages has me pulling my hair out.

(1) I need help setting the tool offsets

(2) I need help setting the work zero

(3) Can someone shoot me a super basic face/turn program say using 1/2" 6061 rod, turn it down to 3/8" x 1/2" long. Just so I can test the program.

Thanks for any help you folks can give me.

Andrew

Similar Threads:
    Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Default Re: Help with GE Fanuc Series 21 Controls

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Pilot View Post
    Wow! This should help me at least get out of manual turning mode Do you have one of the Emco machines? If so, which one, where are you located and would it be possible to pick your brain on how to get files over to my machine?

Thanks for the help!

Awall

Downloads
    Uploads

I also have access to:

Sinumerik 840D Turning.

Is one better than the other????? Fanuc vs Siemens?

I have a PC Mill 125 w/ Fanuc0. I got a Vision book with my machine but there is a classroom book that goes with it. Work offsets are a bit odd/cumbersome when you're used to touching off in Mach or Linuxcnc. Work offset is entered in the register as machine coordinates. Looking at the manuals it appears that Fanuc 21 has a key to input current position in the offset register. I may have an Emco Fanuc 21 lathe in my future, but can't be of more help now.

I added an IDE card reader to my machine and changed the working directory to that drive. It's a bit awkward, but it does let me remove the card while WinNC is running and swap it.

No idea if Siemens is easier to work with.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can someone please help me understand "Cutter Position T" on page B4 of the WinNC GE Series Fanuc 21TB manual.... Everything I have is mounted in the turret so I am assuming that I would only be dealing with position 3, 8 and 4 and that position 9 would be for my drills.... So a parting tool found in my say station 3 would use "cutter position" 8.....

Got to love Fanuc controls? Good business model to ensure that customers have to have onsite training!

Tool position is common to all lathe controls, that is to say there is nothing unique about the way Fanuc handles it. The manual that goes with the machine is not intended to teach you to operate it much more than the manual that comes with you car teaches you how to drive it. Positions 2, 6, 1 would be used for boring tools. CNC programming does take some effort to learn. All controls have their quirks. CAM has it's place. As does manual programming, especially for turning.