Need Help! Emco 342 1016 Main Drive Unit Fault

Thread: Emco 342 1016 Main Drive Unit Fault

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Emco 342 1016 Main Drive Unit Fault

Hi I need help with my Emco 342. When I MDI "M3 S1000" (or any speed) I get an alarm message on the monitor "1016 Main Drive Unit Fault". I checked the main voltage coming in, its 400 volts 3 phase. The Spindle Drive Unit has 200 volts at the three inputs. I took ohm meter reading on the six leads at the motor. All the reads were infinity on 40 M ohm scale from each lead to ground. I checked the parameters in the drive unit and they match machine call out for the parameters.When the machine alarms out no alarm code appears on the drive unit display. It always shows 00000. Green led is on. Originally the spindle would start about 1/10 revolution, now it doesn't try.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Emco 342 1016 Main Drive Unit Fault

Update, I have a tech looking at the machine. Have narrowed problem down to control is not communicating to the spindle drive. I now need help viewing the ladder logic to diagnose what the control is seeing or not seeing. Does anyone know the password to view the ladder logic on a 1991 Emcoturn 342 with Fanuc o-TC control. This machine I will only be able to view it not edit it. Have parameter 60.2 on. When trying to view ladder on screen it tells me the ladder is protected by itself. Any help will be appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Re: Emco 342 1016 Main Drive Unit Fault

Quote Originally Posted by sgrove68 View Post
    Update, I have a tech looking at the machine. Have narrowed problem down to control is not communicating to the spindle drive. I now need help viewing the ladder logic to diagnose what the control is seeing or not seeing. Does anyone know the password to view the ladder logic on a 1991 Emcoturn 342 with Fanuc o-TC control. This machine I will only be able to view it not edit it. Have parameter 60.2 on. When trying to view ladder on screen it tells me the ladder is protected by itself. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi, we have the same problem with the 1016 alarm. Finally, did you find a solution? Waiting your answer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Emco 342 1016 Main Drive Unit Fault

Quote Originally Posted by mlra2016 View Post
    Hi, we have the same problem with the 1016 alarm. Finally, did you find a solution? Waiting your answer.
    I had to send the top board on the spindle drive unit to Fanuc. They will update the board and replace any bad components. They will test it. Not cheap, about $3200. I got mine back and it fixed the problem. Word of caution, I originally sent the whole unit to a third party repair house. They charged the same amount but never fixed it. I had a tech in to look at the machine, he determined the unit was still defective. He told me they never use a third party repair shop because of the same problem.