EMCOTurn 340TC project

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EMCOTurn 340TC project

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default EMCOTurn 340TC project

I jut took delivery of this beast

It is missing the hydraulic power unit and the cooling reservoir. Also I have no manuals either.

Anyone have any advice on where to get the manuals? And can anyone who has a 340 tell me anything about the Hydraulics unit I.E. brand, model number, picture etc....

Cheers, Allen

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Emco manual

I found a site that has this manual, but my lack of posts prevent me from placing the URL here, so I will try this method for you.

Search for 'download provider' and then search their files for your machine. The download is free so you can't go far wrong and it may have details of the hydraulics you need to complete the machine

Regards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by allenj20 View Post
    I jut took delivery of this beast

It is missing the hydraulic power unit and the cooling reservoir. Also I have no manuals either.

Anyone have any advice on where to get the manuals? And can anyone who has a 340 tell me anything about the Hydraulics unit I.E. brand, model number, picture etc....

Cheers, Allen
    Allen, it appears to use the same unit as my Emco 240. I have some literature on adjusting it if it is of use to you. Would give you an idea of pressures etc. It doesn't take much and I bet you could recreate it. Have you gotten your machine up and running yet?
    Marty

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Marty,

Thanks for the reply, Yes the literature might be of use can you PM the info? I have not gotten the machine up and running yet.

I have been going round and round with Emco USA trying to get the manual for the machine as sort of a first step. I gave them $150 plus dollars and they sent me a photocopy of the 320 manual in PDF form. Subsequent attempts to get them to send the right manual ended in failure.

I have the worst luck when it comes to dealing with vendors. Sometimes I think I am being too nice or people just really don't give a crap about doing a good job anymore.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally got around to working on this project. Still don't have a Emco 340 manual. If anyone has any leads on how I could get a copy of the manual I would be eternally grateful.

Without the manual I am left to scratch my head as to how to even wire it up to electrical. I know most of these machines were 380V and require a transformer. Mine actually says 3 x 380/220v at 35 amps on the side. I don't know if this means it will run at 230v derated or if that implies it came with a tranformer I just don't know. Anybody have any experience with wiring up a 340?

Last edited by allenj20; 12-17-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just picked up an 340 too. haven't gotten it to run yet either. PLC problems for me.I don't know if they all are like this but mine came with a 220 to 380 transformer. i think you will need one.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CASTLEVILLE View Post
    I just picked up an 340 too. haven't gotten it to run yet either. PLC problems for me.I don't know if they all are like this but mine came with a 220 to 380 transformer. i think you will need one.
    Agreed. You are going to need that transformer. The biggest issue is the spindle drive. It needs that voltage to run. Otherwise, perhaps you can replace the spindle motor and equip it with a VFD maybe you will get around it with a partial conversion. I *think* the control is 240v, I am not for sure.

Iron is great, they are worthy of a retrofit, but it looks like yours has a nice control. Likely worth investigating further to see what voltage it takes. I hope EMCO USA will give you some documentation.

I have not begun my retrofit yet. I am working on a DYNA DM4400 first. I work full time so these retrofits take me time to get done. Perseverance and lots of money!

Downloads
    Uploads

My machine is a different model, but it has full details about the hydraulics in the manual. Push Emco USA to get you the right documentation, you have already paid them! They've actually been extremely helpful to me, weird to hear they aren't coming through for you.

My machine didn't have the original transformer with it either (although I have the doc's showing it was delivered with one and installed) but I found a pretty good price and great support on 240-380 step up transformer from Elimia Industrial. You'll probably also need an RPC, which he can help you out with as well and probably cut you a better deal on the 2.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was thinking I was probably going to end up needing the transformer. Any chance you could give me the specs on the transformer you got? Specifically Kva and amps on the output side?

Thanks in advance

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yea i will look up the numbers for the transformer. i won't be at the shop for a couple days or so. when i am there next time i will get them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yea i will look up the numbers for the transformer. i won't be at the shop for a couple days or so. when i am there next time i will get them.
    Do you have a copy of the manual hard copy or otherwise?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

my transformer says

30kva
    prim. 208/230/460
    sec. 360/380/400.

I don't have a full manual. just a couple pieces of the manual. can't even get mdi to work. i did download the seimens 810t manual for free from seimens. it helped a little but it is pretty generic. so if you can find a full set of manuals let us know.

Eric

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I found this on Craigslist and picked one of them up

Sorgel 30 KVA 3 Phase Insulated Transforme

It's 240V delta parallel to 380V I already have a 40HP 240V RPC so hopefully this will do the trick. I need to have my electrician back out to hook it up.

Any data on the hydraulic power unit would be really helpful as I am going to have to hunt one down. Make model anything.

Also can anyone say for sure is it 3 phase delta or wye in to the machine?

Last edited by allenj20; 12-31-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

So I found this on Craigslist and picked one of them up

Sorgel 30 KVA 3 Phase Insulated Transforme

It's 240V delta parallel to 380V I already have a 40HP 240V RPC so hopefully this will do the trick. I need to have my electrician back out to hook it up.

Any data on the hydraulic power unit would be really helpful as I am going to have to hunt one down. Make model anything.

Also can anyone say for sure is it 3 phase delta or wye in to the machine?
    Watch the output voltages on your phase converter. Get it up and running and then worry about the hydraulics. I think I sent you the manual on adjusting the hydraulics with pressures. While a bit of work, I think you could recreate the pump and solenoid valves. You have all the cabling.

Can you take a good picture of your operator console and email it to me? I would like to see what buttons they have for the hydraulic operations for my machine. Thanks, Marty
    martyDOTescarcegaATgmailDOTcom

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    Watch the output voltages on your phase converter. Get it up and running and then worry about the hydraulics. I think I sent you the manual on adjusting the hydraulics with pressures. While a bit of work, I think you could recreate the pump and solenoid valves. You have all the cabling.

Can you take a good picture of your operator console and email it to me? I would like to see what buttons they have for the hydraulic operations for my machine. Thanks, Marty
    martyDOTescarcegaATgmailDOTcom

Hey Marty,

If you PMd me the hydraulic info I never got it. So if you have it please forward along that would be great. Here is the control pic for you.

Cheers, Allen

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

my transformer says

30kva
    prim. 208/230/460
    sec. 360/380/400.

I don't have a full manual. just a couple pieces of the manual. can't even get mdi to work. i did download the seimens 810t manual for free from seimens. it helped a little but it is pretty generic. so if you can find a full set of manuals let us know.

Eric
    Hey Eric,

Thanks for this appreciate it. Is is 380V Delta or WYE on the machine side?

Cheers, Allen

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Marty,

If you PMd me the hydraulic info I never got it. So if you have it please forward along that would be great. Here is the control pic for you.

Cheers, Allen
    Not enough detail in the picture to see the hydraulic movements/buttons.
    I will try and find the information again on the hydraulics. I thought I emailed you directly. Email me your contact info. martyDOTescarcegaATgmailDOTcom

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

allen, haven't at my shop in a while but next time i am (should be this weekend) i'll look it up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Some progress to report on this project. I had my electrician out today to hook up the transformer. It was a bear to figure out how to wire it up since it has so many taps and the wiring diagram was a bit of a head scratcher, even with three of us looking at it, but we finally figured it out. And hey what do you know I got 380V power in the shop now.

So I powered on the machine side disconnect and turned the machine on/off switch and the control came right up. Which is a result... sort of. The control powers up when I hit NC On but not much happens when I hit AUX On. Hrm....

Well tomorrow I will get to the back side of it and see what I can make of it.

If anyone has advice or suggestions I am all ears.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

On mine you have to hold the aux on button for at least 3seconds to get the pump to turn on. Won't let you do anything like move the axis's till the aux is on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast