Need Help! F1P-CNC blown tantalum capacitor?

Thread: F1P-CNC blown tantalum capacitor?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default F1P-CNC blown tantalum capacitor?

I acquired a F1P with the EmcoTronic TM02, the guy promised it was complete and working....yeah right.

I have a couple of problems with it, I thought I got the MSD data entered properly from the smoregrava website, and I think it took some of the data, but now I can't get back into MON to change or re-enter some of the settings, as I'm getting a reference point error, and the X-axis stepper is really hot and makes a noise when I try to jog manually.

1. How do I erase the MSD and start from scratch again? What key combination do you use to enter the MSD commands?
    2. Has anyone successfully connected to the RS232 port with a terminal emulation program? What were the settings you used? (VT100, 4800-8-n-1 doesn't work)
    3. I am getting an L14 (LED lamp error - Stepper Overload) on the Y-Axis controller, how do I clear that? (The X-Axis is the hot one and it's controller shows normal, The cables appear to be labeled and hooked up properly to the correct axis)
    4. The integrated CRT screen doesn't show me the soft keys like I see in the manuals, I tried adjusting the settings via the control boards but I can't seem to get anything but EDIT on the left side and EME on the right. Sometimes I can get INTERFACE 0 to pop up upon boot up, but I can no longer get into MON. Any idea on how to adjust the CRT so I can see the whole screen? Does that screen go to normal after getting through a successful MSD setup?
    5. on the smoregrava MSD page, are the R5 value 228,950 or 228.950? How about R6?? (93,544 or 93.544)
    6. On the Motor Driver Board, I have a blue electrical thing that's blown. (see photo - next to tall round capacitor) Only 1 is blown, and the others near it say 10 +35. Am I correct that this is a 10uf 35v tantalum capacitor?

Thanks for any help folks can give me on getting this machine back to operation again.