Need Help! How do I power spindle F1 that is missing its power supply

Thread: How do I power spindle F1 that is missing its power supply

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do I power spindle F1 that is missing its power supply

Hello all,

I recently picked up a F1 mill. I acquired it for what I think was a good price because it did not come with the original, old control boards and power supplies. I believe that the spindle is a 550w DC spindle. This may be a very novice question, but can I power it using a 550-600w AC to DC power supply or is my thinking way off? I think that I may need something in between to make it variable speed (to be controlled by mach3 hopefully) but I have no idea. I had an extra controller board to use on what I think are upgraded steppers in the mill so I think I may have that part covered, but I am lost on powering the spindle. Aside from the spindle itself, there is a small bit of hardware that is wired to the spindle but I am not exactly sure what it is. I have attached a pic of it. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do I power spindle F1 that is missing its power supply-f1-back-jpg   How do I power spindle F1 that is missing its power supply-spindle-wiring-block-jpg   How do I power spindle F1 that is missing its power supply-spindle-motor-tag-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do I power spindle F1 that is missing its power supply

You can as long as it provides 95volts. I have an OMRON S8VS power supply on mine to get the necessary voltage. Alternatively, you can purchase a PolySpede OC1 or OC2 board and power the spindle that way. It has the added benefit of a 10kohm pot for speed adjustment.

The components you took pictures of is a terminal strip and is an original factory part. It's found on PG 9/3 of the F1 service manual.

Last edited by Grizzly_A; 09-29-2016 at 09:42 AM.