Gap Height between tool and spindle face - EMCO Concept 55 Mill with tool changer

Thread: Gap Height between tool and spindle face - EMCO Concept 55 Mill with tool changer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gap Height between tool and spindle face - EMCO Concept 55 Mill with tool changer

Hi,

I've been machinist for over 40 years and run over 10 different type machines. In all these years and machines I thought there was only two types of fits for tools holders, the conventional fit with a 3mm gap between flange on tool holder and spindle face and simultaneous fit with no gap. Am I wrong about the 3mm Gap?

My question is about my friends mill, he just purchased an EMCO Concept 55 Mill with Tool Changer, (used). This gap on his machine is huge and I don't think this is right.

Looking for someone who runs or owns one of these machines to see if their gap is similar. Does anyone in this group have this type of machine?

Thanks
    op

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gap Height between tool and spindle face - EMCO Concept 55 Mill with tool changer-concept-55-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Gap Height between tool and spindle face - EMCO Concept 55 Mill with tool changer

Quote Originally Posted by older_pup View Post
    Hi,

I've been machinist for over 40 years and run over 10 different type machines. In all these years and machines I thought there was only two types of fits for tools holders, the conventional fit with a 3mm gap between flange on tool holder and spindle face and simultaneous fit with no gap. Am I wrong about the 3mm Gap?

My question is about my friends mill, he just purchased an EMCO Concept 55 Mill with Tool Changer, (used). This gap on his machine is huge and I don't think this is right.

Looking for someone who runs or owns one of these machines to see if their gap is similar. Does anyone in this group have this type of machine?

Thanks
    op

Yes that is more than it should be, I guess that is not a Emco Tool holder, I checked one I have it is around 2 mm

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Gap Height between tool and spindle face - EMCO Concept 55 Mill with tool changer

This is maybe respons to and old thread but maybe usefull for someone. This seems like an old EMCO BT30 holder (for PC mill55/F1) that is used in a concept mill. The concept mill has a different holder size that does not correspond to any standard and yes, its is smaller then normal. This is not the right holder.