connecting cpu5a usb 4 axes tu huanyang vfd via 0-10V

Thread: connecting cpu5a usb 4 axes tu huanyang vfd via 0-10V

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default connecting cpu5a usb 4 axes tu huanyang vfd via 0-10V

Hello!

I'm converting a chinese cnc machine 3 axis ( 4th to come) from NcStudio to EdingCNC control board cpu5a. manual for CPU5a is here: http://www.edingcnc.com/upload/files...flyer_tech.pdf

All is well ( axis movement, drivers etc) BUT i don't know how to connect the spindle to huanyang inverter 2.2 kw 220v.......

the producer told me that:

"The tool output is PIN1 of the 25P connector, use it together with the +5V output, how to connect depends on the VFD.
    The 0-10V output is pin 17 together with one of the GND pins, how to connect depends on your VFD.
    To get 0-10V output you need to set the jumper accordingly."

first of all i do not understand the term "use-it together" together in which way? solder them??? I asked mr. Eding about that but he did not answer more. I had previously a sunfar e300 inverter but i changed-it with huanyang because the manual for sunfar is even worse i did not understand anything... and because i did found some schematics on i-net about huanyang which i will put below. That board is a pwm to 0-10 v converter so i thought that i will be able to start from there and solve the problem. but i have no ideea where to put tool output and the + 5 v and gnd. the 0-10 v is ok.

i appreciate any hint, help or link.

cheers!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails connecting cpu5a usb 4 axes tu huanyang vfd via 0-10V-c41-r2_2_user_manual-pdf   connecting cpu5a usb 4 axes tu huanyang vfd via 0-10V-c41r2-2-huanyang-pdf   connecting cpu5a usb 4 axes tu huanyang vfd via 0-10V-dsc_0008-jpg   connecting cpu5a usb 4 axes tu huanyang vfd via 0-10V-dsc_0007-jpg  

Last edited by selixis; 03-22-2016 at 07:21 AM. Reason: i forgot to add manual pages from vfd

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: connecting cpu5a usb 4 axes tu huanyang vfd via 0-10V

OK.

Problem solved. I write this down so other can find help.

First of all, i want to tell that mr Eding from Eding cnc is a great guy, he answered to emails even saturday evening and in sunday. That tells alot. Great support, although I put alot of stupid questions based primarily on the fact I did not read d'al capo a fine the manual, you know, RTFM ( read the f...abulous manual) , i did not had patience enough...

So: for cpu5a usb 4 axes it goes like this: ( message from mr Eding

"Look at the schematic of the Huanyang.
    Vi is the analogue input and ACM the GND for the analog input, these are like I alreadt described PINS 17 and 25 on the 25P SUBD connector of CPU5A.
    The FOR (Forward) input and DCM are to swith teh spindle on. Normally it is possible to control this directly from the CPU5A, but because the input here is not documented, i recommend to use a small +5V relais and connect the coil of it between the TOOL output PIN 1 and +5V Pin2O/21.
    Connect the contact as described in the Huanyang manual between FOR and DCM.
    Do not forget to add an diode antiparallel to the relais coil, to prevent high voltage spikes which may damage the CPU board.
    (Relays always generate huge voltages when switched off, a standard 1N4007, which ever electronic shop has.)
    Regards,
    Bert
    "

i did not use any relay, it starts directly, only to prgram the vfd at PD001 to value: 1 and PD002 to value:1

that's all for now. i go to see spindle settings on the vfd, it sounds a little different that before with another vfd ( sunfar) which i changed from because of the terrible and horrible english translation of the manual...

thanks again mr Eding!