Eding CNC Control Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eding CNC Control Forum

Default Eding CNC Control Forum

I see that the Eding Section on CNC Zone gets very little traffic. Has anyone run across any other forums that have an Eding Section?

I found one in the past but it was in Swedish or Danish. I can really remember the lanquage. I tried to join the forum but it did not allow my gmail address.

Thanks for the help.

Rob

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Eding CNC Control Forum

Let's make this Eding CNC Forum alive as Gerry said that this eding cnc have good future to replace mach3 that will die soon since nobody will take care anymore after mach4, but how? I need to know more any info about this eding cnc.

I am still in the process of collecting electrical components for my system so I have not installed anything yet. Not sure about it replacing Mach 3 or 4 which has a great market share here in the states. I went with the Eding system because it does a better job of mimicking a real FANUC control. Just hoping it is robust once I have it running.

Here is the link to the Eding site.

Eding CNC - PC based CNC control

Downloads
    Uploads

I just want to anticipate if no more support for mach3 in the future.Which edding card you want to use for your machine. What type of your machine, router or mill or lathe? Do you plan to post your project here?

I purchased the CPU5-B along with all the optional accessories cards. I have installed the software and have tooled around in it. Fairly user friendly so far.

The machine I am building is a CNC Router based on the Xzero Predator. I bought Leadshine Easy Servos and the required Leadshine Drives to run them. The drives I selected take 120vAC direct so I don't need to have additional power supplies for the drives. .

I have all the components here in my shop for the build. I am only waiting for the SupePID to arrive and a custom Pendant being made for me by Vista CNC. I am using a Porter Cable 892 router motor that will be controlled by the SuperPID. I also bought the KIOSK in the photo below to use as my control station.

Since I have not started the assembly I have nothing to document for a Build Post. I will take photos and notes when I start. If they are informative enough I will post them.

Rob
    Eding CNC Control Forum-cpu5b-png

Eding CNC Control Forum-accesories-jpg

Eding CNC Control Forum-_57-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Xzero Predator is quite big cnc router machine and you have the best eding cnc card, which Leadshine Easy Servos you use and where you buy them from. Another thing you need to know is software you use, don't forget to ask post processor from eding. You do a lot of carving right.

I bought my Leadshine products from AmericanMotionTech.com. I am using the ES-MH23480 easy servo motors with the ES-DH1208 drives.

The machine will primarily be for 3D carving. It is going to be a true four axis with a live 4th rotary axis 8" diameter.

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

What progress on your machine? Its been installed and run well?

Not running at all yet. I am still in the process of remodeling the shop it is going in. I should be able to start assembling the machine and have it mechanically finished by the end of July. It is slow going but I have a ton of honey do's to get out of the way too. Life.

Rob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rob,
    any updates on the machine? I was running eding cnc for a while on a cpu4 card but I scrapped the machine at the start of this year to build a better one but its not finished yet. I am moving to a cpu5b card for the new one.
    I would also like to see more input to this part of the forum especially from users who have written their own macros.
    Another forum member called Arie has alot of experience with eding cnc but I dont think he has posted in a while.

I have finished the mechanics of the machine and started layout of the electronics in the cabinet.
    I have a project I need to finish for the wife so I am side tracked for now.

Keep us up to date with your project too.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Eding CNC Control Forum

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    Let's make this Eding CNC Forum alive as Gerry said that this eding cnc have good future to replace mach3 that will die soon since nobody will take care anymore after mach4, but how? I need to know more any info about this eding cnc.

Hi Guy's, thank you for blowing new live into this forum.
    I just wanted you to know that Eding CNC is very much alive and working hard every day to improve the product.
    It is running quite successful already since 2007. Last 2 year as full time Job and with partners that help going further and faster.
    Main goal of Eding CNC is to get a very reliable and versatile product --> happy customers. With different products in every price category.
    Up to now I am able to help anyone personally who has problems with setting things up and I will certainly do my best to continue that.
    To be honest, most of the sales currently are in Europe and Japan, for some reason it is hard to enter the US and Canada and other parts of the world, I guess still too many people that Love MACH3.
    I invite you all to download and test the software of the EdingCNC website, this is the full software and runs fully in simulation mode when no hardware is connected.
    The software is regularly updated, bug fixes and new functions are continuously added.

Bert

Downloads
    Uploads

We'll EdingCNC is definitely a great controller for the money. What gets me is the few shipping options available after purchasing. $60+ shipping fee for something less than a kilo? I'm already struggling with the low CDN dollar and you are now faced with another hefty charge at checkout.
    Also, modifying the GUI is next to impossible short of creating your own GUI which means you have to be well versed in C or C++ or AT...etc...
    As an OEM manufacturer, we looked and have tested the Eding board, but having to hire a programmer is simply unrealistic for me at this time.
    If you could make a small app that could give us the option to change the GUI's form layout without the ability to change any of the objects functions, then the EdingCnc boards would give the users better control over the looks of it.
    Don't get me wrong, but my machines don't have a mouse attached to them, so no need for buttons on the GUI in my case. Everything can be done via my customized keypad.
    Just my thoughts.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guy's, thank you for blowing new live into this forum.
    I just wanted you to know that Eding CNC is very much alive and working hard every day to improve the product.
    It is running quite successful already since 2007. Last 2 year as full time Job and with partners that help going further and faster.
    Main goal of Eding CNC is to get a very reliable and versatile product --> happy customers. With different products in every price category.
    Up to now I am able to help anyone personally who has problems with setting things up and I will certainly do my best to continue that.
    To be honest, most of the sales currently are in Europe and Japan, for some reason it is hard to enter the US and Canada and other parts of the world, I guess still too many people that Love MACH3.
    I invite you all to download and test the software of the EdingCNC website, this is the full software and runs fully in simulation mode when no hardware is connected.
    The software is regularly updated, bug fixes and new functions are continuously added.

Bert
    I hope you can get into the US market. If anything else it will create competition. Mach 3 and Mach 4 will lose popularity as motion controllers gain in popularity. When one adds a motion controller such as a smooth stepper to Mach the overall package price is far less competitive. I think the time to gain footing in the market is certainly now, as Mach 4 is being developed at snails pace... I am considering my controller options for a potential OEM application. I am particularly interested in EdingCNC because of the clean GUI and the hardware and software is made by the same company, which means full support. It has great features and very reasonable price. I really wish the best for your company. The one thing I would recommend is to keep reliability as the top priority and avoid compromising it for anything else.

We'll EdingCNC is definitely a great controller for the money. What gets me is the few shipping options available after purchasing. $60+ shipping fee for something less than a kilo?
    What was the shipping company?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A programming app for edingcnc? Now thats something I would like to see. It should make it easier for us non-programmers to get our heads round.

Downloads
    Uploads

What was the shipping company?
    Eding CNC Control Forum-untitled-1-jpg

Now 57 Euro's = $84 Canadian.
    This board could easily be shipped via postal service much cheaper. After all I'm used to waiting 2 weeks for something to come in from France or Germany.

Another quirk when ordering. The site says no P.O.Box #'s

Well for those of you who don't know, in Canada, when you don't live in a major center/city, you are stuck using community mail boxes which are distributed all over rural Canada, and all they give you is a box # and a key to access it.
    So Now, what to do?, short of looking for another controller.

Too bad for me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I purchased a board a month ago and it was a bit over 30 euros to ship in to New York which is actual shipping cost. It was shipped out fast and arrived just 3 days later.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's half what we pay for Canada.
    It's ok, went with different controller.
    Mostly because of the box # issue. That's FedEx or UPS for you.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everyone!

I have used EdingCNC -5B version in my router ( 2x1m working area, dual head, rack&pinion, easy servo ). Everything works as expected, so I am pleased with this choice.
    My previous machine use Mach3, also with Smoothstepper, so I can compare. Eding's job is very promising.Go on,try it!

Zoli

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't done a build log at all with this machine but Ill post a couple of photos here just to show roughly where my new machine is at. I am hoping to get power on it this weekend to check a few things out and get the CPU5B card updated and checked. It been sitting on the shelf for a few years so I hope it is ok. Most of the electrics for the main things are done but still quite a few other things to do. I am looking at making my own operator panel so that might take a while as well. Most mechanical stuff is done with just the bed top to make.
    Rob, how are you getting on with yours?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eding CNC Control Forum-wp_20151029_17_28_50_pro-jpg   Eding CNC Control Forum-wp_20151029_17_29_12_pro-jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast