Eding USBCNC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eding USBCNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Eding USBCNC

Hi all, does anyone here use USBCNC? I am using the CPU4 card and the latest version of USBCNC.I am looking for some help with the setup and configuration of USBCNC.

Regards

Ian

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Ian,

I see that you posted this several months ago and have not received a response. Have you had good luck with the CPU4 and USBCNC?

Anthony

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought CPU5A4, is this the actual part number of yours?

Whats your question?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i am also using usbcnc cpu V5 by edingcnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CPU5A

I purchased the CPU5A.
    just wondering what other folk on the forum have experienced with this control. it looks very impressive, from what I have read.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default USBCNC by edingcnc

if you are intended to use this for cnc router, cnc mill and cnc lathe it is a good
    PC-based CNC control systems. But if you want to use this as control for cnc plasma i will not recommend.

Because in my experience i cannot find a suitable THC in the market that run in this control and his software. The only thing that you can use is Stand Alone THC ( i use the one made by AGELKOM from Turkey ) that's you cannot control in software not like in Mach3. But in all the aspect it is a great product and great technical Support. Also there is another guy in Netherlands (damencnc) has trying to do the THC for this cnc control and i am waiting for it.

Also please see thread CNC Plasma 10ft. x 6ft. controlled by USBCNC Edingcnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,
    What drive and motor you use with this eding cnc? What machine you will buikd? Let me know.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anthony,
    sorry it been a while since Ive been here. I have been getting on well with USBCNC V4. There have been some updates to the software this year and its looking good. I cant get the hang of the tool change option yet though but Im sure its because I am doing something wrong and not the software. I just need some time to play with it rather than working.

Ian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also like to share my work and i updated my gantry and i upload a new video...
    Here is the link.....

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc_pl...ml#post1095177

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: USBCNC by edingcnc

@Rexcobey: what version of the software are you running?.. i don't have a plasma cutter, but i know that in the latest versions of the software a THC is implemented..

i built my machine in 2007, and i downloaded Mach to try it out.. couldn't figure out how to use it.. and i'd been working with all kinds of CNC controls professionally..

At that time.. USBCNC had the old screen layout/GUI, but soon after i downloaded that, i met Bert, and i discussed the layout/GUI with him.. he then told me that he was planning on a GUI Overhaul, and he asked me if i could help out..

We worked togehter on the new GUI, based on my experience with professional CNC controls..
    That's why i started using USBCNC

the If/Then and While statements, as well as the possibility of programming with parameters, and formulae made me decide to use USBCNC in the first place..

USB vs LPT.. well that was clear enough for me.. no timing issues because of windows behavior because all movement information is buffered on the external CPU Card..
    My first control, ran on 12V, with 1.6Nm steppers and 2 mm pitch ballscrews.. rapids up to 1m/min on 12 volts only.. now i'm running on 80 Volts with rapids up to 3m/min.. which means.. my steppers run 1500 RPM..

the programming possibilities with if/then and while statements, as wel as parametric programming, dialogs and log functions make USBCNC/EdingCNC a real professional control.

I've been working professionally with USBCNC in the past.. and parametric programs with dialogs are just what some customers needed.. they have a product range, so they load a program, fill in the details in a dialog, and off they go..
    Also, writing your own cycles is possible, i made cycles for drilling, pocket milling, patterns and surfaces in EdingCNC, so i can now program my workpieces at the machine by just filling in some dialogs.

the LogMsg Function enables you for instance to turn your machine into a Coordinate measuring machine, by writing probe-coordinates to a textfile, as a control report.

the Macro.cnc file is in my opinion the best invention since sliced bread.. all kinds of macros can be written in this file as subroutines, enabling the user to call these macros either from the MDI, or from a running program. really flexible..
    An example of how to use this: a clockmaker wants to make all kinds of gears for his clocks.. the user-sub menu enables him to call a certain subroutine from the macro.cnc file, in this case a subroutine with parameters for milling gears from a blank. a dialog opens, and he fills in: the blank thickness, number of teeth, teeth size ( Diametral Pitch or Involute ), feeds and speeds, and safety distance.., after filling in the dialog, the movements of the machine are calculated according to given parameters from the dialog.. first gear finished?.. mount new blank, fill in the dialog with new parameters. job done.. can't get any better than that..

Last edited by arie kabaalstra; 05-18-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Eding USBCNC

I am wondering.. How many of you other users out there use the dialog function, or the Macro file?..

Downloads
    Uploads

at least 2 (you and me)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

One thing I have been trying to figure out is how to make my own macros to make use of the user buttons. I would like to be able to make a record position button for say the start of a job then a return to that point button to repeat a job but Ive no idea where to start. Are there any idiot guides out there for this?

Downloads
    Uploads

The manual covers it all but you have to find it, sometimes between the lines.. But there are a few parameters (from my head, i think somewhere in the #5400) that can be handy. The trick is to copy the variable that gives you the actual position in one of the uservariables. You can also make a interface to enter some values or selectors for your program so you could do it with only one button, if you like.
    I'm away for a while else i could write that program for you. You only had to develop it to your specific needs and wishes.
    thes macro's ar plain readable code that can be made with a texteditor and this tekst can be copied IN the default macro.cnc file ( make a back-up first... actualy there is a backup made automaticaly)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have looked through the macro.cnc file but I have no programming experience and I don't where to start with this. That's why I was hoping to find a guide for it.

Downloads
    Uploads

in a few days i 'll be back and then i can guide you through this.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CPU5A

That would be great thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Parameters #5000 and up are "Machine Parameters" they contain position and status values.. like for instance location of each axis, Probe status and probe trigger status.
    What you need to do is fill a User sub for the desired key you want to use with a subroutine that does what you want.
    Storing a position is simply copying the current location.. #5001-#5006 contain coordinates for X-axis through C-axis position.. say you want to copy those to let's say #1001 through #1006:
    Sub User_2
    #1001=#5001
    #1002=#5002
    #1003=#5003
    #1004=#5004
    #1005=#5005
    #1006=#5006
    Endsub

This makes F2 in the User menu copy the current location..

to move to that location
    Sub Move_to_startpoint
    G00 Z#1003
    G00 X#1001 Y#1001
    Endsub

You can always put that in another usersub off course..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Arie,
    Thanks for the help.
    I take it that 5001 is x axis, 5002 is y axis and 5003 is z axis. Can I just add the axis I need or do I have to add all of them to the user macro?
    Would this work to store the current machine position?

Sub User_3
    #1001=#5001
    #1002=#5002
    #1003=#5003
    Endsub

Then to move the machine back to the stored position.
    Sub User_4
    Sub Move_to_startpoint
    G00 x#1001 y#1002
    G00 z#1003
    Endsub

should there be spaces between the G00 and the x and y in the lines and do the axis letters need to be upper case or does it not matter?

Regards

Ian

Downloads
    Uploads

It is saver to move the save-Z up first.. else you will drag the mill through your work :

G0 Z10 before you make any other move. Z10 can also be Z20 or Z 5 or Z #1010 (if you filled #1010 with a certain wanted value..)
    Spaces are for readability but not necessary.

Kees

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast