Need Help! selecting entities

Thread: selecting entities

Downloads
    Uploads

Default selecting entities

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Edgecam but not to Cad/Cam in general having used other stuff for a number of years. I started a new job recently and they have Edgecam, I'd like to start learning it. I'm doing a few hours here and there on an old computer with 2012 installed to see what I can pick up as they can't really afford training days or the time to teach me themselves. I'm not using feature finder at the moment as it's all 2D geometry stuff I'm looking at to start with. When I want to machine a profile I can select an entity (line or arc) but how can I select a whole chain of entities, for example a pocket profile. I don't want to ask them too many questions in case they think I'm not going to be any good on it so some help online would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: selecting entities

Open up the help and search for "selecting adjoining entities by chaining". This is in my 2014 help files but should be there for 2012 too. If you have a closed profile you want to select then just double click the profile.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Meegers, Can't believe I didn't try double click, doh. Got it now, cheers.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another thing that might help save you some time is make sure when your finding all your geometry that you click the 2D button so everything is on one plane. If you don't click the 2D buttom when taking geometry from your model, nothing will be connected and it'll be really annoying when your trying to select a whole chain of entities. It will not select a whole chain of entities together unless everything is fully connected on one plane.