NEED HELP!! POST BUILDING PROBLEM

Thread: NEED HELP!! POST BUILDING PROBLEM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEED HELP!! POST BUILDING PROBLEM

Afternoon guys, roughly 2-3 months ago my original post got corrupted due to computer error so I wrote new posts for all the NC mills at the shop using edgecams code wizard and a little manual input. Now everythings been fine except for one problem, whenever I use several hole cycles in one sequence the first cycle will have all the values needed but the cycles after that don't contain the z-value specified.

For example:

T01 M06 (10MM DRILL);
    G0 G90 G54 Y0.0 X0.0 S473 M03;
    G43 Z5.0 H01 M08;
    G83 G98 X0.0 Y0.0 Z-5.0 Q2.5 R2.0 F100.0;
    G80;
    G0 Z150.0;
    G83 G98 X50.0 Y0.0 Q2.5 R2.0 F100.0; <---Missing z-value
    G80;
    G0 Z150.0;
    G91 G28 Z0.0 Y0.0;

...and this happens many a time when two hole cycles are under one tool for different depths as shown above, yet the next tools cycle will be fine then the tool after that has the same problem and so forth, there's no clear pattern to it, seems random but obviously that's not the case.

I'm not looking for an alternative but a solution to whats wrong in the post.
    I've had this problem before using a 1983 Dahlih 1st series fanuc post but it wasn't as frequent and I'd have to use atleast 4 hole cycles before I have one cycle with the z-value missing.

The post modified to produce my current posts is from a 3-axis Fanuc Robo-Drill 31i control closed bed mill.

The mills I made posts for are the following:
    SMTCL oi-fanuc control, Dahlih (1983) 1st series fanuc control and a Bemato oi-fanuc control

Please if anyone uses Edgecam 2014 R2 and has written posts before using the code wizard, your advice would be greatly appreciated

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEED HELP!! POST BUILDING PROBLEM

Quote Originally Posted by HASH-MACH96 View Post
    Afternoon guys, roughly 2-3 months ago my original post got corrupted due to computer error so I wrote new posts for all the NC mills at the shop using edgecams code wizard and a little manual input. Now everythings been fine except for one problem, whenever I use several hole cycles in one sequence the first cycle will have all the values needed but the cycles after that don't contain the z-value specified.

For example:

T01 M06 (10MM DRILL);
    G0 G90 G54 Y0.0 X0.0 S473 M03;
    G43 Z5.0 H01 M08;
    G83 G98 X0.0 Y0.0 Z-5.0 Q2.5 R2.0 F100.0;
    G80;
    G0 Z150.0;
    G83 G98 X50.0 Y0.0 Q2.5 R2.0 F100.0; <---Missing z-value
    G80;
    G0 Z150.0;
    G91 G28 Z0.0 Y0.0;

...and this happens many a time when two hole cycles are under one tool for different depths as shown above, yet the next tools cycle will be fine then the tool after that has the same problem and so forth, there's no clear pattern to it, seems random but obviously that's not the case.

I'm not looking for an alternative but a solution to whats wrong in the post.
    I've had this problem before using a 1983 Dahlih 1st series fanuc post but it wasn't as frequent and I'd have to use atleast 4 hole cycles before I have one cycle with the z-value missing.

The post modified to produce my current posts is from a 3-axis Fanuc Robo-Drill 31i control closed bed mill.

The mills I made posts for are the following:
    SMTCL oi-fanuc control, Dahlih (1983) 1st series fanuc control and a Bemato oi-fanuc control

Please if anyone uses Edgecam 2014 R2 and has written posts before using the code wizard, your advice would be greatly appreciated
    Go to nc style g-codes and modality / hole cycles and check support multi-depth cycles

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

In the code wizard, open machine post and go to hole cycle, you need to modify [ZDEPTH] and change to [<C>DEPTH] that will pick up the z value every time is changed. The R-plane is also the same [<C>RPLANE]

This is how it look in the definition

[DELETE][BLKNUM][DRILLGCODE][RETRACTGCODE][XMOVE][YMOVE][<C>ZDEPTH][RPLANE][CYCLEZFEED][LENGTHOFFSET]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by catsee View Post
    In the code wizard, open machine post and go to hole cycle, you need to modify [ZDEPTH] and change to [<C>DEPTH] that will pick up the z value every time is changed. The R-plane is also the same [<C>RPLANE]

This is how it look in the definition

[DELETE][BLKNUM][DRILLGCODE][RETRACTGCODE][XMOVE][YMOVE][<C>ZDEPTH][RPLANE][CYCLEZFEED][LENGTHOFFSET]

Thank you so much man!! Honestly I cant believe I didnt see that cause my r-plane has the same, youve just made my life a whole lot easier and taught me something very valuable, once again thank you for the time you took to write me a solution, you rock dude!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HASH-MACH96 View Post
    Thank you so much man!! Honestly I cant believe I didnt see that cause my r-plane has the same, youve just made my life a whole lot easier and taught me something very valuable, once again thank you for the time you took to write me a solution, you rock dude!!
    Ok now the z-values do produce, but now since the value is being forced it produces z-values after the canned cycle has began, the code generates as follows:

T01 M06;
    G0 G90 G54 X0.0 Y0.0 S1800 M03;
    G98 G83 X0.0 Y0.0 Z-5.0 Q2.5 R5.0 F900.0;
    X5.0 Y0.0 Z-5.0;
    X10.0 Y0.0 Z-10.0;
    G80;
    G0 Z150.0;
    G91 G28 Z0.0 Y0.0;
    M30;

I hope you can help me with this one...code wizard just doesn't give a damn...

Thank you to all who's been with me on this one, hope to one day return the favor.

E-mail me for posts, software, support and/or machining advice.

hashcrashing@gmail.com

VIVA LA ENGINEERING!!!!!!!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Z move values are "modal", only output when changed
    [<C>ZMOVE] forces the Z to output every time
    I think you are looking for ;CODE:%CANCEL=#ZMOVE
    think of it as a "one shot" modal reset

Check the Post Help File for the syntax
    these tweak the modal settings within the constructors