Newbie Looking for help on multi height 4axis wire profile for edgecam.

Thread: Looking for help on multi height 4axis wire profile for edgecam.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for help on multi height 4axis wire profile for edgecam.

I'm trying to generate a wire profile for a large die section with a 3d-profile already machined into the top of the block. Ideally the cutting edge needs to be land+taper with .3" land and .5 degree taper to the base.
    The variation in height on the 3D profile is quite large, making it not feasible to program this by hand in the nc file like i would a program with only 1 height. I very much want to be able to put the taper in all the way around the cutting edge in one go. Normally for a die section like this one I'll cut the taper than skim straight afterwards.
    I've included some basic pictures of the profile, and the part. I hope what I'm trying to do makes sense or someone can maybe help me figure this out!
    Looking for help on multi height 4axis wire profile for edgecam.-test-jpg
    Looking for help on multi height 4axis wire profile for edgecam.-test2-jpg