EdgeCam support - Is it worth the money???

Thread: EdgeCam support - Is it worth the money???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default EdgeCam support - Is it worth the money???

Hi

Just wondering how others view paying for support? Do you feel you get value for money?

I don't really have a problem with some level of support but I find approx £3500 a lot, and to top it off it's increased 5% since last year.

What are others paying?

My main gripes are.
    1) Most of our support calls are due to the uprades.
    2) We get very little benefit from the upgrades, waveform milling was the last thing that really had an impact on us.
    3) Developments like probing are not added as standard, requiring another licence hence more £. We are contributing to development than are asked to shell out again.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Re: EdgeCam support - Is it worth the money???

Hi,

Value for money - in a word NO !

I would add to your list a number of things including documentation is very poor so there seems to be lots of call needed to find out things that are very simple. Support in general is also very poor as everything is logged on a portal and sometimes takes 24 hours for a response. God forbid if you want to actually talk to someone !! New post processors tend to go back and fourth to support to iron out problem - we waited 3 days on our last post processor before they even had someone look at the problem! Guess who is paying for that machine while it sits still for 3 days!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: EdgeCam support - Is it worth the money???

the value depends greatly on the support team of your reseller. i have dealt with people that i wanted working for us but i have felt others had no clue outside the training manuals. the one i deal with has always been very responsive and wants to do "gotomeetings" and fix most problems that day.

we do have 6 seats so our maintenance is a little more then yours so in times of little to no problems, i still question its value.

its like insurance, sucks paying when you dont need it but it sucks worse needing it and not having it.

the other factor is the software updates and improvements, missing out on the waveform update would have sucked, that cycle option is badass, i was using volumill and manually inserting rough cycles before edgecam incorporated it.

the waveform options cuts my roughing time and increases tool life dramatically but you could go years before a game changing improvement like that one pops up and the value of those depends greatly on your process and incorporating those changes into it.