Need more fonts in Edgecam.

Thread: Need more fonts in Edgecam.

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Need more fonts in Edgecam.

Hello, can i upgrade my "font store" in edgecam? where can i get fonts, and how do i import them in EC ?

Greetings from Robert.

Similar Threads:
    My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Normally, you will look under free fonts on google.

Put the fonts in the windows, Font folder with all other windows fonts.

Normally, edgeCam will find them.

Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok.
    But i have many fonts in windows, but the Edgecam doesn have it.... Just 10 fonts or something in Edgecam...

Do anybody try this site? 1001 Free Fonts - Download Free Fonts for Windows and Macintosh

Robert.

My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face

I copy all the fonts from windows to edgecam.. I can use them in edgecam, but i cant carve it out? i can`t mark it...

Why?

Greetings from Robert.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not an EdgeCam user but in the book I have about it it says.

By default, the text is a bitmap text. When you choose the Burst outlines into curves button, the text will be converted to geometrical entities.

And you need truetype font in order to use it for engraving.

Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Check this little tutorial about engraving in Edgecam

Engraving - Graphics Software Tutorials Center

Jeff

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vector use text cycles
    Truetype use slot
    If you use cycles pick a tool first
    Det ville være nemmere at hjælpe dig, hvis du vedhæftede de filer du har problemer med

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

loads of free fonts here (ttf), haven't tried them in edgecam yet

http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free-fonts-v2.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello again...

I have tried and put the files in C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Planit \ Edgecam 2011 R1 \ Cam \ lib3dx \ intel_a \ Resources \ fonts
    and all subfolders, but they do not come up in edgecam.

What do I do?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need more fonts in Edgecam.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegabond View Post
    Hello again...

I have tried and put the files in C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Planit \ Edgecam 2011 R1 \ Cam \ lib3dx \ intel_a \ Resources \ fonts
    and all subfolders, but they do not come up in edgecam.

What do I do?

Any update to this? I am trying to get more fonts in my "font store" and am having trouble (no response from Edgecam support ):

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LabInstructor View Post
    Any update to this? I am trying to get more fonts in my "font store" and am having trouble (no response from Edgecam support ):
    When you create text (using the Text command), choose the TrueType option to use any TrueType font installed on the workstation. (See here for how to install fonts in Windows 10.) The text can be machined using any of the typical prismatic milling cycles.

The Text command also allows Vector type text. The only text choices are the 12 installed with Edgecam, and this geometry is machined using the Text milling cycle.

Customers needing precise design control over text often design in a CAD software tool, and bring it to CAM for machining.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jsanders View Post
    When you create text (using the Text command), choose the TrueType option to use any TrueType font installed on the workstation. (See here for how to install fonts in Windows 10.) The text can be machined using any of the typical prismatic milling cycles.

The Text command also allows Vector type text. The only text choices are the 12 installed with Edgecam, and this geometry is machined using the Text milling cycle.

Customers needing precise design control over text often design in a CAD software tool, and bring it to CAM for machining.
    Thanks JSanders! I should have provided more detail. I've installed my desired font (Windows 7), and it shows up in other applications, but not in Edgecam.

Is there a directory in Edgecam that I need to also install the font? Is there a way to "refresh" so the font shows up (I've rebooted several times.)? Is there something weird about my font type (it's Open Type, but there are many other Open Type system fonts that show up)?

I love the Project to Surface feature in Edgecam's engraving cycle, so prefer that to creating the text in CAD. I spent all day yesterday (unsuccessfully) trying to get equivalent results from NX Manufacturing.

Last edited by LabInstructor; 11-21-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Solved (?)

It worked after converting the Open Type font to True Type (installed in the Windows font directory). Still not sure why it worked, there are lots of Open Type fonts that do show up in Edgecam.