Looking for Cnc plasma table

Thread: Looking for Cnc plasma table

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for Cnc plasma table

First post, I am a artist/sculptor looking to buy a 4x4 starter plasma Cnc machine for my business. Question is, if I build my own water table is it possible to get a decent Cnc setup for $4,000.00 dollars.? Can someone suggest or steer me in the right direction. I usually use 090 or 1/8 aluminum on almost everything. I have a power max 380 hyperthermia plasma and a big air compressor and computer, thanx in advance Tony Viscardi
    website Contemporary art & Sculptures

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for Cnc plasma table

If you talking about with a controller, motors and electronics included, you're right at about the very, very bottom prices I've seen for a 4x4 plasma. Most start around 4500. You can prob communicate with a few of the sellers on the web or ebay and buy just the table and then buy/install your own electronics (and THC if you want one) and save a little bit. You'll also learn more and be better equipped to troubleshoot issues if you do it yourself. Of course then there's software if you don't already have Mach3, Sheetcam or something else. Building a simple water pan and slats is not that hard, if you have a bending brake and/or welding equipment. If not having a metal supply place or heating/AC contractor build one will still be a little cheaper. It just depends on what tools you have and skills. You can always get by with a dry system and just a few simple slats then cut the water table parts and slats on your "dry" plasma table. Start by searching online then calling and emailing the smaller plasma table sellers and search the web sites of CNC electronic kit sellers like Automation Technology or CNCParts and get a better feel for your options and cost.