G84 Tap Cycle

Thread: G84 Tap Cycle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default G84 Tap Cycle

Hi Tom,
    Posted reply earlier on yahoo group today 5 times and it never made it.

Tested patch.
    When in tap cycle. I hit Pause, spindle and Z come to a controlled stop and are still synced. Releasing pause, spindle and Z continue and finish tap cycle.

When a Halt is executed during tap cycle, Z and spindle come to a controlled stop. Z and spindle stay synced and the only way to clear this is to execute an ESTOP.

Another issue now has to do with enter key and my Reference Axis program.
    Whenever a limit switch is triggered i have a pop up stating what axis and what switch has been triggered.

When i run my Reference Axis C code program these pop ups happen.Dont need them to during referencing, just couldn't figure out how to shut them off during referencing.
    To close pop up user must click OK or hit enter key on keyboard. Now when i hit enter key the reference c code starts all over again, even thow it is already running.

Troy

"Hi Troy,

Found another bug. Uploading feedhold state of -2 as Hex string "0xFFFFFFFE" instead of decimal string.

Please see what happens with this:
    http://dynomotion.com/Software/Patch...KMotionCNC.exe

Regards
    TK

On 11/10/2017 5:56 PM, tmday88@... [DynoMotion] wrote:

Hide message history
    >
    > Hi Tom,
    > Awesome work again. This is MUCH better, But there is 2 more.
    >
    > 1)When pause is executed during tap cycle axis and spindle stop nicely and are staying synced. But no movement nor spindle restart happens when pressing pause again nor are the Rew and For buttons available. If i start spindle manually by keyboard shortcut or on screen button, tapping cycle continues until cycle is finished. And if spindle is manually rotated (with a piece of wood. ) Z and spindle are still synced, if i continue to rotate spindle in either CW or CCW direction and reach beginning or ending of hole, the spindle will turn on again and finish tap cycle for that hole. In a way this is nice but obviously not safe unless spindle would remain off and wait for user to turn on spindle or prompt user to turn on spindle again to continue. And continuing would end cycle for that hole and continue on to next hole.I for one like the synced option, just wish it would leave spindle off. Or maybe be able to use the Rew and For buttons?
    >
    > I know we went over this before.Most industry controls dont allow anything besides an ESTOP condition to overdrive a tapping cycle, which i dont like.
    >
    > 2) If the Halt button is pressed during tap cycle (when tap is in hole) axis and spindle come to a stop in a synced manner.Testing again by manually rotating spindle, they stay synced and if spindle is turned back on the tap cycle will continue for that hole until cycle has completed. Typical standard default would be when a Halt is executed the spindle and axis stops immediately and synced is lost.Which i think is what you would want as a default for most users.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Troy"