Need Help! Huanyang inverter dead after set Pd004 to 01 by mistake!

Thread: Huanyang inverter dead after set Pd004 to 01 by mistake!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Huanyang inverter dead after set Pd004 to 01 by mistake!

Hello Guys!

I would please for litlle help!

On inverter setup i did by mislate change pd 04 to 01 after push SET button- fuse brake down!

After replace fuse i did plug in power - and nothing-- for short tiime i saw smoke comming out!!

Any idea what the hack is wrong!

Thanks.

Adi

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang inverter dead after set Pd004 to 01 by mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by adi7791 View Post
    Hello Guys!

I would please for litlle help!

On inverter setup i did by mislate change pd 04 to 01 after push SET button- fuse brake down!

After replace fuse i did plug in power - and nothing-- for short tiime i saw smoke comming out!!

Any idea what the hack is wrong!

Thanks.

Adi
    What where you trying to run with it, need more information, any smoke is not a good sign

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    What where you trying to run with it, need more information, any smoke is not a good sign

Hi.

is cnc router setup, runing 2,2 kw water cooled spindle- all was fine and smooth run- figured out how to connect with board to run from Mach 3

just search for setup to start with 0hz- so i can raise revolutions in software- and when i change pd04 to 01 bum. fuse downt and now just lil smoke for short time when is connected to
    main power- figured out that pd04 is for main power frequeny-- here is 50 mhz-

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi.

is cnc router setup, runing 2,2 kw water cooled spindle- all was fine and smooth run- figured out how to connect with board to run from Mach 3

just search for setup to start with 0hz- so i can raise revolutions in software- and when i change pd04 to 01 bum. fuse downt and now just lil smoke for short time when is connected to
    Are you sure that parameter is for main power frequency and not motor rated frequency? Normally you dont have to specify what the main frequency is, most VFDs wont care. And even if you did specify the wrong motor frequency it shouldn't damage the drive. It could just be a faulty drive. I looked into Huanyang drives a year or so ago and decided the savings was not worth the risk. Seemed like quality problems were not uncommon, manual and parameters were hard to read, and there were counterfeit drives copying the huanyang that were even more poorly built.

You might have better luck asking on the VFD forum on practical machinist. The guys on there are great, helped me save a $2000 drive last year.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi.

Here are the correct settings, you can not use these spindles with a 0Hz and PD04 can only be set at 400Hz, your 50Hz power frequency has very little to do with what you are running, you have a minimum speeds these spindles can run at, and for the water cooled it is 6,000 RPM =100Hz

These are the minimum Parameters that have to be set, or you will over heat the spindle at low speed and damage the VFD and Spindle

Huanyang Mactec54
    2.2Kw

PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control ) ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Terminal Control )

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD007=20

PD008=220 (Motor Rated Voltage )

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting with Quality VFD, 120 is Safe)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Acceleration=12 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deceleration=12 (Adjust to suit)

( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)
    PD041=8 ( Carrier Frequency )

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142= 9 ( Motor Amp Rating 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp )

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD72=400

PD73=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting )

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    Are you sure that parameter is for main power frequency and not motor rated frequency? Normally you dont have to specify what the main frequency is, most VFDs wont care. And even if you did specify the wrong motor frequency it shouldn't damage the drive. It could just be a faulty drive. I looked into Huanyang drives a year or so ago and decided the savings was not worth the risk. Seemed like quality problems were not uncommon, manual and parameters were hard to read, and there were counterfeit drives copying the huanyang that were even more poorly built.

You might have better luck asking on the VFD forum on practical machinist. The guys on there are great, helped me save a $2000 drive last year.
    Specifying any wrong parameters will damage any VFD Drive, some are a little more forgiving than others, when you are dealing with 400Hz and above spindles it all has to be set correct, or you will see the smoke

The savings are well worth it, if the buyer gets the real Huanyang VFD Drive, they are very good and last just as well as any other VFD Drive, providing the correct parameters are set to match the motor's being used with them, some VFD Drives are more forgiving if someone does not use the correct parameters, but over time they will fail as well

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Specifying any wrong parameters will damage any VFD Drive, some are a little more forgiving than others, when you are dealing with 400Hz and above spindles it all has to be set correct, or you will see the smoke

The savings are well worth it, if the buyer gets the real Huanyang VFD Drive, they are very good and last just as well as any other VFD Drive, providing the correct parameters are set to match the motor's being used with them, some VFD Drives are more forgiving if someone does not use the correct parameters, but over time they will fail as well
    How much do they cost nowdays? You can get an automation direct GS2 3hp for $309 and free shipping. Certainly appears to be built better. And you get a real manual clearly explaining every possible parameter to every detail, no worries about accidentally buying a counterfeit, you know you will actually get the KW rating you order, and if you happen to have a problem you have a real company to call for help/warranty. Seems like a better deal for me anyway, still a very cheap drive and potentially a lot less headaches for maybe $100 or so in the difference. If you shopped around you could probably find a brand name drive even cheaper then that too.

Downloads
    Uploads

How much do they cost nowdays?
    About $135, for a "genuine" version. Cheaper for a noname knockoff.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)