Need Help! kanalog+kflop+amplifier setup question - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kanalog+kflop+amplifier setup question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: kanalog+kflop+amplifier setup question

Hi k-linkz,

by "you left out many details" i'm assuming you meant limit switchs, stop switch , etc.. (yeah sorry about that i was in a hurry).
    No. I meant you only took the time to draw one line and not to show how to make the 7 connections.

one thing i'm left puzzle is the Step/Dir method usually they have one input for the Step and one Input for the Direction, but this one at the Position Command pulse input has foward movement pulse and backward movement pulse. I don't think this drive can do Step/Dir.
    Well you have decided not to go that method anyway. But KFLOP would support that method. We refer to it as CW/CCW pulsing. Step/Dir, CW/CCW, or quadrature are 3 different methods that are commonly used to tell a drive to move a step forward or backward. CW/CCW has an advantage as it removes direction setup timing issues. Quadrature is really the best as it is lower frequency and tends to offer glitch resistance. Here is a figure from our manual:

Step and Direction Setup

kanalog+kflop+amplifier setup question-allmodes-png

Regards

TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: kanalog+kflop+amplifier setup question

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi k-linkz,

No. I meant you only took the time to draw one line and not to show how to make the 7 connections.

Well you have decided not to go that method anyway. But KFLOP would support that method. We refer to it as CW/CCW pulsing. Step/Dir, CW/CCW, or quadrature are 3 different methods that are commonly used to tell a drive to move a step forward or backward. CW/CCW has an advantage as it removes direction setup timing issues. Quadrature is really the best as it is lower frequency and tends to offer glitch resistance. Here is a figure from our manual:

Step and Direction Setup

kanalog+kflop+amplifier setup question-allmodes-png

Regards

Perfect. Thanks Tom much appreciate the clarifications. And your patience
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12