KmotionCNC Error saving From Previous GCode Filenames

Thread: KmotionCNC Error saving From Previous GCode Filenames

Downloads
    Uploads

Question KmotionCNC Error saving From Previous GCode Filenames

Howdy all,
    I've recently took my laptop online and sneaky W10 did some updates... Yes, you've guessed it right. I'm having problems with it now.

So, my kflop hardware is all running. I can initialise the machine, home it, manual entry works all right, on screen jog buttons are fine...
    The problem arrises as I type some gcode lines in to the G Code Edit Window. Every time I try to run the program, or change the file to another file from the 7 files on the right side menu I get the following error:
    "
    Error saving GCode file C:\KMotion433\GCode Programs\From Previous GCode Filenames

Use SaveAs to save to different directory or filename.
    "

Have you guys experienced anything like this? Have you got the fix for the issue?
    I would appreciate any help on this matter as I can't figure out what's wrong here. I suspect the problem to be originating from the W10 update.

Cheers
    z

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KmotionCNC Error saving From Previous GCode Filenames

Hi z,

Have you tried saving the open GCode file to some valid folder with a valid name?

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Howdy Tom,

I've never saved any files from the Kmotion before. I'd only select one of the 7 points on the right hand side and I'd write my Gcode there or I would open the file from my hard drive directly in one of these 7 banks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom,
    I see what you're on about. I gave it a try and I seem to have it working. I'd blame myself for asking stupid questions without trying simple fixes first... I'm still confused why it didn't gave me such problems before.

I'll give it a go tomorrow morning to see if I can finally make some ships now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi z,

Well actually I think you have without realizing it. Whenever you press Cycle Start or switch "banks" any changes to the code is saved into the last file specified for that 'bank". Somehow it seems the filename is set to something invalid. Saving it someplace valid may solve the problem.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah man, I realised that it is trying to save it when changing the banks but I never figured it is trying to do the same when pressing cycle start. Good to know this as it makes perfect sense now!

I have tried to saveas and give it a random name and it has worked. I'll give it a try tomorrow when I go back to my shop.

Thanks Tom!

Downloads
    Uploads

Just to confirm that the problem was as Tom expected - in between the keyboard and the chair!
    Seems strange that somehow the destination folder got messed up in settings, but as soon as I went with SaveAs function I got a chance to redefine the destination folder.

Making chips now!