Newbie A lot of questions...

Thread: A lot of questions...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default A lot of questions...

To avoid opening a lot of threads for every single question, I ask a few questions that I will do to set up my machine in this only one thread.

First two questions:

1) I load the InitKStep3Axis.c file wich work fine with my stepper motors (no encoder, no feedback). I modify the chx-> pointer to Vel for adjust it to my motors (only this).
    The problem: with these configuration the motion is in imperial mode (inches). I'm European and i need the metric mode (mm). What should I change?

2) The Reset signal (ex. Pin 4 JP4 - Aux Connector) is like all world microcontrollers? Simple pull-up it to 3.3V (with 10K resistor) and hold it at GND (push button) for reset?

Thank you for now!

New questions coming soon...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A lot of questions...

Hi CNCtronic,

1) I load the InitKStep3Axis.c file which work fine with my stepper motors (no encoder, no feedback). I modify the chx-> pointer to Vel for adjust it to my motors (only this).
    The problem: with these configuration the motion is in imperial mode (inches). I'm European and i need the metric mode (mm). What should I change?
    The units in the Init file and in KFLOP are in "steps" not inches or mm. To convert inches to mm multiply by 25.4. You might also read this:
    Dynomotion

2) The Reset signal (ex. Pin 4 JP4 - Aux Connector) is like all world microcontrollers? Simple pull-up it to 3.3V (with 10K resistor) and hold it at GND (push button) for reset?
    The Reset line is internally pulled high and active low. So forcing it to GND will cause a reset. There shouldn't be any need to ever Reset KFLOP. It can also be used as an output and it's main purpose is to provide a power up reset signal for other devices that may require one.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com