Need Help! KmotionCNC Screen Editor Capability Questions

Thread: KmotionCNC Screen Editor Capability Questions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default KmotionCNC Screen Editor Capability Questions

Hi Tom,
    I have a few questions regarding the Screen editor I know you have made a lot of improvements since I last tried it out.

1. Is it possible to have 2 pages in KmotionCNC similar to how Mach3 had tabs for different things? If not is this something that may be available in future updates? It would be nice to have a large separate screen for I/O status for trouble shooting.

2. Also is it possible to have a console screen readout added to the Kmotioncnc screen? A lot of my C programs for tool change and zeroing have console messages that pop up telling me the status of the C code routine.

3. Is it possible to have a status on the Screen that tells me what tool Kmotion thinks is in the spindle memory? I’ve ran into times during my tool change trouble shooting where the tool change doesn’t completely finish the routine and the tool in the spindle no longer matches what is in memory. Then when it resumes it tries to drop off the new tool in the old tools spot which is a potential collision. If I can see what tool it thinks is in the spindle at the time of tool change aborts I can configure my tools properly to resume without further complications. (I'm still going to send you my tool change C code once I get it all worked out, I haven't forgotten)

And for what it’s worth, I’m very glad I dropped Mach3 and focused strictly on using KmotionCNC.

Thanks,
    Dan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KmotionCNC Screen Editor Capability Questions

1) Have you looked at the split screen examples?
    I don't see any reason why the tabbed screen contents have to be g-code/machine path views...

2 & 3) As I'm going through the process of making my toolchanger far more useable, I've hit similar snags. For debugging, I just run KMotion in the background with the console open. My view is, provided the toolchange routines are working properly, there should be no need to see any console messages. Any information/warning to the user should be via a message box.
    As for showing what KMotionCNC thinks is in the spindle, are you tracking this in the KFlop? I've got 3 global vars I use to track the tool changer, so those can be shown in a DRO.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KmotionCNC Screen Editor Capability Questions

Hi Dan,

1) Yes you can have a number of screens and configure buttons to switch between them. Each is a separate screen script.

2) We don't have a Console Control. But your code could write Status messages to on screen DROLabels

3) I'm not sure I understand. The on screen tool indicator should indicate which tool the Interpreter last loaded. From C Code you can request the current T H D words from the Interpreter with (see the ToolTableSet.c example):

int FixtureIndex,Units, TWORD, HWORD, DWORD;

GetMiscSettings(&Units, &TWORD, &HWORD, &DWORD);

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com