Need help: Runaway machine after INIT

Thread: Need help: Runaway machine after INIT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help: Runaway machine after INIT

Hi,

Every so often, maybe 5% of the time, when I turn on my machine (standard 4-axis machine), it will take off after the INIT. The init.c is attached. It's not using any movement commands that I can see. I assume that there is something running that is telling it to move...and once the axis are enabled, it moves...generally causing the machine to hit a limit switch and stop. generally the only way to get it to stop is to reboot the PC...and try again. Sometimes multiple reboots are needed (like today). What could possibly be causing this? I have a wired game-pad device (Logitech) and am wondering if maybe it, or that USB port, could be sending movement commands (even though it's not being touched during INIT and otherwise works fine). Is there someway I can tell if the Kflop is getting movement commands that are being ignored because the axis are not enabled? And so, from where?

Thanks,

randy

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help: Runaway machine after INIT

Hi Randy,

I don't see anything in the Init.c file to cause this. My guess would be the GamePad. I assume you are running KMotionCNC? You might try unplugging the GamePad or disabling the GampPad in KMotionCNC | Tool Setup | Trajectory Planner | Joystick/Jog | Enable GamePad to see if that is the source of the problem.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help: Runaway machine after INIT

Is it a servo-driven machine? Servos will run away if they're getting motor power but no encoder signal. If yours is a servo machine, and it's doing it intermittently, look for a loose wire at the encoder.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]