Hello all,

I am new the CNC world, and I am currently having a problem with an Mori Seiki NH4000 Mill.

I am trying to call a work number from an external PLC.

The PLC is connected via Ethernet IP communication and is able to control things such as door open / door close, fixture clamp / unclamp, Pallet index (0, 90, 180, 270) etc.

The Ethernet Communication is valid when the Robot Valid Soft key is pressed.

I am currently trying to call to work numbers (1000 and 3000) using the binary inputs via the Ethernet communication. The problem occurs during the APC cycle once the Set Up lamp is turned on, and the machining side has issued its M30 command. During the APC cycle, the error DS0059 pops up and is unable to read in the Work Number Specified by the PLC.

I have confirmed that the valid D and R bits are on, as well as the valid inputs in the Ethernet I/O communication screen. I have tried holding the bits on for the whole APC cycle, tried to issue a falling edge during APC cycle, along with a number of timer combinations between the Binary pattern and the Set Up Complete signal to see if it would work.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before, and if so, what was the solution to the issue?