Build Thread Newbie

Thread: Newbie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Newbie

I'm looking to build a plasma table and hopefully other cnc machines but for controls I have narrowed it down to dynomotion. The thing is I dont know how realistic this build or any future builds might be especially when I have no knowledge of CNC/g-c-m-code/electronic knowledge, the only thing that I'm capable right know is plug a cord into an outlet. lol

I plan on using my laptop in the short term, until i get the hang of it, I already bought a kit; driver (MA860), NEMA 34 13Nm with power supply.. while looking how to connect my kit i found out about Dynomotion... oh well... anyways i would like to make this work with kflop/dynomotion while I learn all the tidbits of cnc..

My questions

1. How do kflop owners connect/power their kflop and where do people like to source reliable 5v or 24v external power supply, connectors and sensors.

2. I also would like to protect my my laptop from kflop and kflop from driver/motors but how? maybe its not necessary or redundant but i would sleep better if i knew there was something protecting PC/kflop with something simple and inexpensive..

I saw the Konnect and it looks like it would protect kflop and probably my laptop as well but at this stage/newbie thats a lot/$$$ to through at tech when i know I will only be using 10%, scratch that its more like 1%, and even if i had the konnect I would like to have something between the table and my electronics...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xyzguy View Post
    I have no knowledge of CNC/g-c-m-code/electronic knowledge, the only thing that I'm capable right know is plug a cord into an outlet. lol

2. I also would like to protect my my laptop from kflop and kflop from driver/motors but how? maybe its not necessary or redundant but i would sleep better if i knew there was something protecting PC/kflop with something simple and inexpensive.
    Not to offend you sir but I think the first step on your journey and it would be the best move is to learn electronics first, because isolating BOB`s consist of opto isolators, a couple of signal diodes, some resistors, transistor drivers, and some relays, if you do a shortcut there might be some unpredictable things to happen and it might be more costly, things like a burned laptop USB ports, brick BOB`s, etc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No offense I understand I'm at the bottom of the heap right now and the obstacles might be long and hard and maybe unrealistic but I will not know unless I try. I understand with every problem there needs to be a plan to find a solution for the task at hand and with everything in life if you don't possess the skills find some who does and ask for help who can and point you in the direction where you can find those solution so thank you KHOUJ I will look into it and see if I find a subject on the components you mention, do you have or remember a good learning source that you thought were clear, simple and is all about CNC. Thks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just got done looking up the components and right know I feel like I'm on the little brick road... I just want to give KHOUJ a thumbs up emoji 👍