Issue with G85 boring cycle

Thread: Issue with G85 boring cycle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Issue with G85 boring cycle

Hi Tom,

We have another little issue with planes and canned cycles. I hate to keep bothering you with these but i tried a G85 boring cycle (feed in, feed out) tonight and it rapids to R plane as it should, feeds in fine, but when feeding out it feeds all the way to the I plane instead of to the R plane.

With the following code it rapids to 2.0, then rapids to 0.1, feeds to -.44 and then feeds all the way back to 2.0. Should be feeding out to 0.1 and rapid to 2.0.

N8130 G00 G90 G54 X0. Y0. S1200 M03
    N8140 G43 G94 H2 Z2.0 M08
    N8150 G98 G85 Z-.44 R.1 F3.
    N8160 G80 M09

Thanks again.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Issue with G85 boring cycle

Have you tried a G99 instead of the G98? G99 is return to R after canned cycle. Tried it here and it feeds to R plane but does not rapid back to I plane. The Fanuc examples show G98 feed to R then rapid to I. Never payed attention to it before.

Troy

Last edited by Need TECH Help!; 06-09-2017 at 07:40 AM.
    www.tsjobshop.com, www.homecncstuff.elementfx.com

Downloads
    Uploads

G99 would probably be a good work around, but the action is not right for G85 with G98 so would be nice to have it working properly.

G98 is very helpful when working with clamps or bolts securing a part to a fixture. Allows you to hop over them without wasting much time. I do mostly prototype and one off work so its safer for me to use G98 and a higher clearance plane as a default. The extra cycle time isnt really a big deal.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ya, G coding could get timely using G99 (without cam) if you had a lot of holes and needed to add an extra move for clearance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Please check if this patch for V4.34i now behaves correctly.
    http://dynomotion.com/Software/Patch...nterpreter.dll

Copy to <install V4.34i>\KMotion\Release

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Tom, I will try it tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads

It works here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    Hi Tom,

We have another little issue with planes and canned cycles. I hate to keep bothering you with these but i tried a G85 boring cycle (feed in, feed out) tonight and it rapids to R plane as it should, feeds in fine, but when feeding out it feeds all the way to the I plane instead of to the R plane.

With the following code it rapids to 2.0, then rapids to 0.1, feeds to -.44 and then feeds all the way back to 2.0. Should be feeding out to 0.1 and rapid to 2.0.

N8130 G00 G90 G54 X0. Y0. S1200 M03
    N8140 G43 G94 H2 Z2.0 M08
    N8150 G98 G85 Z-.44 R.1 F3.
    N8160 G80 M09

Thanks again.
    of course it does you gave g98, use g99. it will feed back to the r plane. why do you have 94 in the line with the g43?

Downloads
    Uploads

Fanuc G85 cycle with a G98 feeds back to R plane then rapids back to I plane. G99 only feeds back to R plane and does not rapid back to I plane. G94 sets feed per minute mode so its safe to have it with G43 line even thow it might be more kosher to have after.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Need TECH Help! View Post
    Fanuc G85 cycle with a G98 feeds back to R plane then rapids back to I plane. G99 only feeds back to R plane and does not rapid back to I plane. G94 sets feed per minute mode so its safe to have it with G43 line even thow it might be more kosher to have after.
    I have never had the need for ipr on a mill, thats why i asked. I usually see that stuff in the first line of the program

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker4 View Post
    I have never had the need for ipr on a mill, thats why i asked. I usually see that stuff in the first line of the program
    Dont know, but his spindle may be able to orientate and track for feed per revolution. Ya, thats the most common place.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker4 View Post
    of course it does you gave g98, use g99. it will feed back to the r plane. why do you have 94 in the line with the g43?
    As we mentioned it should rapid from R to I plane instead of feed.

G94 is there as a safety to be sure we are in inches per minute mode. G95 is used in tapping in a normal fanuc machine. And it is a good idea to have G94 there for each tool. For example If you happen to be tapping something and a tap breaks and you feedhold and then reset machine to inspect part and the tap, you are still in G95 mode because tapping did not finish and switch back to G94. Now if you happen to decide to carry on with your part and restart on the next tool it will basically cut at rapid speed because you are still in G95 mode. Had it happen once years ago on a machine, made short work of an endmill lol. I modded post processor to add G94 for every tool as a result. No issues since.

Good to hear the patch works. I still cant confirm, had a couple more jobs come up and dont want to mess with machine while in the middle of a job. I will post back results eventually. Thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just thought i would let you guys know that i finally upgraded to 4.34I and applied patch and G85 appears to be working properly now. Sorry for the delay in testing it. Thanks again Tom.