New Machine Build Can we control 8 axis of kflop with kmotionCNC?

Thread: Can we control 8 axis of kflop with kmotionCNC?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Can we control 8 axis of kflop with kmotionCNC?

Hi, I'm currently designing a new system for our production cell compose of 3 sub system. Each system moving in x-y, a-b-c , x1-y1-z1.
    Those 3 subs system move in theirs plane, between system working together with some interlock condition. But all work together to finish the job of cell.
    I have currently working with kflop+kanalog board with yaskawa servo drive and with Kmotion CNC. It's work great for 2-3 axis and I'm in beginning to made controller for this cell with it.
    My question is since the kflop can control 8 axiss that fit my machine but the Kmotion CNC specification only for 6 axis.
    I suggest that Kmotion limited 6 axis coordinate motion, How can I control another 2 axis?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can we control 8 axis of kflop with kmotionCNC?

Hi vinasiam,

The latest Test Versions V4.34i (see the wiki) support 8 Axes GCode XYZABCUV under KMotionCNC. Although there aren't Jog Buttons added for the UV axes, but GCode, MDI and so forth should allow you to control them.

Another option if you don't need to move all 8 axes at the same time is to on-the-fly reconfigure which 6 axes are in use.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com