Kflop and Lenze 8200 VFD wiring help

Thread: Kflop and Lenze 8200 VFD wiring help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Kflop and Lenze 8200 VFD wiring help

Hi all,
    hoping for a bit of info regarding wiring KFlop to drive a Lenze 8200 VFD.
    I did a bit of reading on the forum on KFlop and spindle control but still unsure whether it is possible to drive this particular VFD without any extra board added. This is most probably due to me being a newbie and not a CNC professional, or having any electronics qualifications. So sometimes language confuses me.

The Lenze 8200 VFD can be analogue driven in 3 modes: 0-5V, 0-10V and -10 to +10V, or digitally driven using the Ex inputs.
    I understand that 0 +10V mode is not possible due to KFLOP having LVTTL output. Is it possible to step up the KFlop 3.3V to 5V in order to drive the VFD in analogue 0/+5V mode ?

Do I understand correctly that it is possible to drive the Lenze VFD with the digital inputs and Kflop by using the internal VFD +20/+24V supply and the jog commands ? If so, practically speaking what exactly do I wire on the Kflop to the Lenze VFD ?

Thank for the help,
    Florin

PS forgot to add VFD pics.Kflop and Lenze 8200 VFD wiring help-screenshot_2017-05-28_03-47-57-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by isvflorin; 05-28-2017 at 07:15 AM. Reason: forgot to add pics

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kflop and Lenze 8200 VFD wiring help

Hi Florin,

I didn't see what the digital input signals are for. But I doubt they work do what you want.

I think you need an Analog Signal applied to Pin 8 VIN that KFLOP by itself doesn't provide.

You might add a 3rd party device that can convert a Step/Dir signal to analog such as this:

https://cnc4pc.com/motion-control/sp...rol-board.html

Or our Kanalog board.

You might use a 1.5V battery to test your drive as described here:

Kanalog Hardware Info - Dynomotion

You might have a MODBUS option but that is fairly complicated.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Florin,
    I think you need an Analog Signal applied to Pin 8 VIN that KFLOP by itself doesn't provide.
    You might use a 1.5V battery to test your drive as described here:
    You might have a MODBUS option but that is fairly complicated.
    Regards
    Thanks Tom,
    what about the analogue 0/+5V option of the VFD - could this be used by ramping up the LVTTL signals to +5v somehow ? Using some simple LVTTL to +5 step up ?

Also, another question unrelated to the title: I've just been handed some digital stepper drives, PMD ION 500, I understand these are very fancy, smart, stepper drives, however they only come with a serial interface. I was wondering if it is possible to use them with Kflop. Could Kflop talk to these drives by using a TTL - Serial converter to send them Step and Dir commands over serial ?
    Is this something overly complicated or relatively straight forward ? It appears they are very nice stepper drives.

Cheers,
    Florin

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Florin,

what about the analogue 0/+5V option of the VFD - could this be used by ramping up the LVTTL signals to +5v somehow ? Using some simple LVTTL to +5 step up ?
    no, it's not just the Voltage it's that LVTTL are digital signals (on/off) not Analog (varying voltage).

I think the serial interface would be too slow for motion control.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Florin,

no, it's not just the Voltage it's that LVTTL are digital signals (on/off) not Analog (varying voltage).

I think the serial interface would be too slow for motion control.

Regards
    Thanks Tom,
    it's clear to me now.