Alternative Analog Output

Thread: Alternative Analog Output

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Alternative Analog Output

Tom,
    I have a Kanalog and I am running 3 AC servo drives and a VFD off the standard -10 to 10 vdc output. But I am now looking to add a 4th axis that already has a brushed DC motor with encoder on it. I am looking for a simple way to replace the factory (stand alone) indexing controller on the 4th axis and incorporate the 4th axis into the Kanalog. I have been looking around and I can easily find brished DC motor controls that take a 0-5vdc or 0-10vdc input with the halfway point being 0 movement. Can the Kanalog be configured to output a single channel to work with these types of drives? Alternatly would you have a recommendation on a drive that would take the -10 to 10vdc input and output a PWM'ed DC voltage?

Since the next thing you will want to know is the voltage range of the motor I am trying to drive, I will say I do not know right now. The only thing I know is it is a 200W motor, and the voltage is most likely between 12 and 120vdc but I will not know for sure until I have time to test it (soon).

Thanks,
    Dan