Need Help! Automatic Tool Change C Code - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Automatic Tool Change C Code

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Automatic Tool Change C Code

Hi Dan,

We can post any code to the wiki if you have problems doing it.

The Tool Drop down is supposed to be an easy way to change tools. So that behavior is by design. I'm not sure I really understand the issue. What exactly are you expecting?

Regards

TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Dan,

The Tool Drop down is supposed to be an easy way to change tools. So that behavior is by design. I'm not sure I really understand the issue. What exactly are you expecting?

Regards
    Next time I'm home I'll video the touch probe and send you the code to post. Email or here?

My issue with the drop down chart is, just by opening the table to look at the tool database for offsets and data entry etc, when I leave that menu the machine automatically performs the tool change.

What command is being sent? Is it an actual m6 g code command or something else?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,

Regards
    Next time I'm home I'll record the touch probe and send you the code to post. Email or here?

My issue with the drop down chart auto tool changing is, just by opening the table to look at the tool database for offsets and data entry etc, when I leave that menu the machine automatically performs the tool change. Sliding the tool tray into the work area.

What command is being sent? Is it an actual m6 g code command or something else?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,

Next time I'm home I'll record the touch probe and send you the code to post. Email or here?
    That would be great either way. But if you post here attach the C files as .txt files don't paste them into the message or the formatting will be lost.

My issue with the drop down chart auto tool changing is, just by opening the table to look at the tool database for offsets and data entry etc, when I leave that menu the machine automatically performs the tool change. Sliding the tool tray into the work area.
    Selecting a Tool from the drop down should perform a tool change. But opening the Tool Table to edit or view it should not. Are you sure that is the case? I just tested and don't see that. What Version of KMotion are you running?

Regards

TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Selecting a Tool from the drop down should perform a tool change. But opening the Tool Table to edit or view it should not. Are you sure that is the case? I just tested and don't see that. What Version of KMotion are you running?

Regards
    This was the case I recall happening, even if there wasn't a change in tool selection when I clicked away form the menu (anywhere on the screen) causing it drop down list to close, the machine would read a tool change command and execute it even if there was change in tool selection.

i.e. if Tool 6 was in the spindle, Tool 6 would be dropped off and picked back up again.

We are running 4.34H

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by slimneill View Post
    This was the case I recall happening, even if there wasn't a change in tool selection when I clicked away form the menu (anywhere on the screen) causing it drop down list to close, the machine would read a tool change command and execute it even if there was change in tool selection.

i.e. if Tool 6 was in the spindle, Tool 6 would be dropped off and picked back up again.

We are running 4.34H
    My machine changes only when you use the drop down list. No action when you open tool table. Also you should add a check to your toolchange program for requested tool and current tool being equal and end the program. No need to actually do a tool change when the current tool is loaded.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    My machine changes only when you use the drop down list. No action when you open tool table. Also you should add a check to your toolchange program for requested tool and current tool being equal and end the program. No need to actually do a tool change when the current tool is loaded.
    Which spindle are you using? I'm curious as to how you verify that it isn't rotating?

My HSD spindle has a signal that is on/off for 180deg rotation while operating the signal looks like it's on full time but there is a 50% chance that you will get a high signal even when the spindle isn't moving.

My VFD (HITACHI) has an output signal which goes high when zero RPM is achieved which is what I'm using.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by slimneill View Post
    Which spindle are you using? I'm curious as to how you verify that it isn't rotating?

My HSD spindle has a signal that is on/off for 180deg rotation while operating the signal looks like it's on full time but there is a 50% chance that you will get a high signal even when the spindle isn't moving.

My VFD (HITACHI) has an output signal which goes high when zero RPM is achieved which is what I'm using.
    My toolchange program checks if the spindle is running (just reads the CW and CCW bits) and if it is, it turns it off and waits 3 seconds for it to stop. It then orientates, and waits for orientation signal before actually changing the tool.

You would probably be safe enough to just check if its on, tell it to stop, wait and then toolchange. Make sure your not using any manual switches or anything that could leave spindle on. If you want to be extra sure maybe you could get it to read that sensor and make sure the state isnt changing for a second or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12