Where to go from here: interfacing to Leadshine servo drive - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to go from here: interfacing to Leadshine servo drive

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Where to go from here: interfacing to Leadshine servo drive

Update: I ordered a Dyn4 drive and motor from DMM and sure enough it works great in torque mode, virtually plug and play with the Kanalog. I am going to test the servomotor from Leadshine on it and if it works switch to the DMM drivers entirely for commonality, hopefully saving myself some grief down the line, and maybe reuse the Leadshine controller someday on a grinder or drillpress or something.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by durundal View Post
    Update: I ordered a Dyn4 drive and motor from DMM and sure enough it works great in torque mode, virtually plug and play with the Kanalog. I am going to test the servomotor from Leadshine on it and if it works switch to the DMM drivers entirely for commonality, hopefully saving myself some grief down the line, and maybe reuse the Leadshine controller someday on a grinder or drillpress or something.
    Can you give us more details on how your using the DMM setup? Are you using step/dir or +/-10v? Tunning in kmotion or with the DMM drives? Im considering DMM motors/drives for an upcomming project.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    Can you give us more details on how your using the DMM setup? Are you using step/dir or +/-10v? Tunning in kmotion or with the DMM drives? Im considering DMM motors/drives for an upcomming project.
    I'm just using them as torque controllers, all the loop closing is in the Kflop. The only tuning related parameter that is active in the drives in torque mode is a simple filter that is meant for soft starts, and I have that set to be disabled. I am using +/10V control, the only minor quibble with the drives on that end is that they don't have any internal torque or speed limit functions, so that has to be taken care of on the Kflop side. Not a big deal, just would have been nice to have an extra level of protection if I fat finger a command someday. The drives seem well built for the price, and the motors too.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by durundal View Post
    I'm just using them as torque controllers, all the loop closing is in the Kflop. The only tuning related parameter that is active in the drives in torque mode is a simple filter that is meant for soft starts, and I have that set to be disabled. I am using +/10V control, the only minor quibble with the drives on that end is that they don't have any internal torque or speed limit functions, so that has to be taken care of on the Kflop side. Not a big deal, just would have been nice to have an extra level of protection if I fat finger a command someday. The drives seem well built for the price, and the motors too.
    Good to hear thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12