Need Help! How to disable jog keys in KMotionCNC?

Thread: How to disable jog keys in KMotionCNC?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to disable jog keys in KMotionCNC?

Hello everyone!

I am new to programming and I have problem disabling jog keys.

I have two motors on X axis. One is slaved to another master axis. The problem is, whenever the home operation is active and I accidentally press any jog key or joystick analog, all motors stop except slaved X motor. Because it has been de-slaved from master axis during a homing operation, its channel doesn't react to jog keys. Quite dangerous situation.

My idea was to make jog keys greyed out in KMotionCNC during squaring, same as it is when you launch g code.

I am aware there is code line "#define PC_COMM_DISABLE_JOG_KEYS 38". The header to include would be #include "PC-DSP.h"

I included "#define PC_COMM_DISABLE_JOG_KEYS 38" at the beginning of my homing code
    and "#define PC_COMM_ENABLE_JOG_KEYS 37" at the end. I guess it doesn't work like that.

Wouldn't there be some function that uses constant "PC_COMM_DISABLE_JOG_KEYS"?

Thank You!

Janis.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to disable jog keys in KMotionCNC?

Hi Janis,

See the example \KFLOPtoPCCmdExamples.c on how to use DoPC() to send those type of commands from KFLOP to KMotionCNC.

You might also add some protection in a forever monitor loop that would always disable both the Master and Slave axes if one or the other is disabled regardless of whether they were slaved.

HTH
    Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to disable jog keys in KMotionCNC?

Hi Tom,

Thank you for replay. I will check it out.

Great suggestion on forever loop.