Hurco BMC20 Dynomotion Retrofit - Page 11

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurco BMC20 Dynomotion Retrofit

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurco BMC20 Dynomotion Retrofit

Hi Troy,

Got any recommendations what i might adjust to make error less if possible?
    Its so nice to have some positive results.
    Have you tried higher I Gain? At what point does it go unstable?

The Max Limit I is at 12 and it is correcting 12 counts (Output) so you might want to increase that if it is to correct more.

The small D Gain is probably not doing anything. You could probably remove it without any effect.

Do you have a Low Pass filter of around 100Hz? That might allow more I Gain or make it more effective. See the example here:

Closed Loop Stepper

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok. Adjusted drive Gearing and Line Number to 2000. Re tuned drive. And adjusted Kmotion, with 100Hz filter applied. When adjusting I value above .003 the output plot starts to look rough with spikes. Adjust it to .005 and motor starts to get rough sounding and plot becomes very "noisy" looking. Is there something else i should adjust with the I gain value set at .003?

When i tried to calculate error counts to inches using the Error plot i get a number that does not make sense. Here is what i was calculating....
    16 counts of error / by 20320 counts per inch = 7.874015748031496e-4
    If i do 7.874015748031496e-4 * 25.4/.03937 = 0.0007874 . Dont know if that is correct or why it comes out, but is error 0.0007874"?

Thanks,
    Troy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hurco BMC20 Dynomotion Retrofit-yaxisstepdirclplot5-jpg   Hurco BMC20 Dynomotion Retrofit-yaxisstepdirclconfig5-jpg   Hurco BMC20 Dynomotion Retrofit-yaxisstepdirdmm5-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.tsjobshop.com, www.homecncstuff.elementfx.com

Downloads
    Uploads

yes looks like 0.000787. Not too bad i guess.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wondering, should I be tuning for my fastest cutting feed rate or rapid feed rate?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Troy,

I would think you only really care about accuracy while cutting so you should tune primarily for that. Note Feeds are performed without Jerk Limit (infinite Jerk) so you should test under infinite Jerk conditions. See:
    Dynomotion

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,
    Looking at wiki link,All that needs to be configured for a feed move is KmotionCNC's Count/inch,Vel inch/sec and Accel inch/sec2 ? And tuning in Kmotion step response screen is for rapid moves? Seems like i have been missing something. So the motor setting in the Main Init code is just for Rapid and Jog moves?

Troy

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Troy,

So the motor setting in the Main Init code is just for Rapid and Jog moves?
    That is correct.

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Main Init C code- Send Message for Shutdown

Moving on to KMotionCNC and the Main C code.

Looking for a way to send a message to user when user closes KMotionCNC to first disable an output. Found C code example of the "Hello World" and altered it to do what i need. But how do i get it to pop up when user clicks the X button on KMotionCNC window? Or is there a user button that can have code to close/shutdown KMotionCNC?

Thanks,
    Troy

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Troy,

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Can KFLOP disable the output?

If you want the system to be disabled whenever KMotionCNC exits we may have a better approach. We have an example watchdog C Program where KFLOP monitors status requests from the PC. It can trigger when status requests stop and do whatever you wish. This trigger in cases of: all KFLOP PC applications exit, Windows crashes, KMotionCNC crashes, PC loses power, USB communication lost, etc. See attached.

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,
    What iam looking for is when user clicks the X button to close KMotionCNC on purpose or accident, that a pop up will appear asking " Do you want to shut down?" with a Yes and No button. If user clicks Yes KmotionCNC will go into estop condition and my Main Contactor Relay (bit 144) will turn off and then KMotionCNC will close. If user click No, pop up will close and KMotionCNC remains open with no changes.

The watchdog file looks like something else i will want in main C code also.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Troy,

ok. Other Users have asked for a Confirm Exit Option. I find it annoying

Hurco BMC20 Dynomotion Retrofit-confirmexit-png

Here is a patch to add it in as an option (Tool Setup | Trajectory Planner Page | Confirm Program Exit). It should default to on.

http://dynomotion.com/Software/Patch...KMotionCNC.exe

Also the Patch fixes the functionality of the configurable Program Exit Action (Tool Setup | M0-M30 | Prog Exit). So you should be able to Disable your Contactor or whatever you wish. Although again the watchdog approach mentioned earlier might solve that as well. Probably wouldn't hurt to do both.

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,
    Wow , thats fast!
    Ya, i find it annoying also, when at my desk , but for machine control, i dont mind being annoyed by it
    Will give it a go.

Thanks again,
    Troy

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Jog Feedrate not 100%

Pop up window works nicely.

In KMotionCNC when iam jogging with keyboard or on screen buttons, the actual feedrate is less than what i have in the Feedrate DRO. Example: 100IPM is actual 96IPM. Does machine need to have all axis referenced before the actual feed will be 100%? Because i noticed that the incremental jog buttons dont work unless all axis are referenced.

Thanks,
    Troy

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Troy,

Did we do the math right? Please post your current FeedRate handler C program and Trajectory Planner Settings Screen so we can check. Do the numbers in the C Program and Settings Screen match?

Strange. I don't know why the incremental jog buttons wouldn't work until after being homed. What happens if you try incremental Jog before homing? What do the KMotion.exe Screens show happens? Please post your Init.c Program and the Homing Program.

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,
    Math is my worst skill, so most likely its off somewhere. Will get the rest of info you asked when i get home.
    Here is Main Init Ref/Home C code.
    The buttons on screen show action when clicked but there is no movement of KMotionCNC DROs nor does the axis move. Also Kmotion.exe screens show nothing.The mill here at work does the same thing with the step jog buttons not responding until all axis are referenced.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Troy,

I don't see anywhere that you define the Axes in your system. How many Axes do you have? Your Init program only configures and enables 0,1,2. The Reference program enables 0,1,2,3??

By default KFLOP assumes you have a 4 axis system XYZA as 0 1 2 3. I think that's why it works only after Reference.

For a 3 Axis system you would add:

DefineCoordSystem(0,1,2,-1); // define XYZ (A not used)

You probably wany to remove the code enabling the Axis A that is not configured.

HTH
    Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Troy,

Did we do the math right? Please post your current FeedRate handler C program and Trajectory Planner Settings Screen so we can check. Do the numbers in the C Program and Settings Screen match?

Regards

Hi Tom ,
    What is the FeedRate handler C program?
    Attached is screen shot of Trajectory Planner Settings.

Troy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hurco BMC20 Dynomotion Retrofit-trajectoryplannerscreen-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Troy,

I don't see anywhere that you define the Axes in your system. How many Axes do you have? Your Init program only configures and enables 0,1,2. The Reference program enables 0,1,2,3??

By default KFLOP assumes you have a 4 axis system XYZA as 0 1 2 3. I think that's why it works only after Reference.

For a 3 Axis system you would add:

DefineCoordSystem(0,1,2,-1); // define XYZ (A not used)

You probably wany to remove the code enabling the Axis A that is not configured.

HTH
    Regards
    It is currently only 3 axis. The Ref C code is what i copied from another machine i built. But the ref code iam testing with is only 1 axis snippet from this c program.
    Hmm.. I dont know what happen to the DefineCoordSystem line of code. Need to check the mill at work also. I was also having an issue with my lube pump timer not working correctly but after i added the DefineCoordSystem code it is working consistently now. What does this have to do with the timer?

But as for the jog step buttons not working, the DefineCoordSystem code did not change anything. The jog step buttons still dont work.

Thanks,
    Troy

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Troy

What is the FeedRate handler C program?
    Attached is screen shot of Trajectory Planner Settings.
    What I meant by"FeedRate handler" was the C function and code that handles calculating the Jog Rate Override values which has been merged into your Initialization Program.

I see your Trajectory Planner 100% Jog Rates for xyz are 8ips = 480ipm but the C code defines 500ipm. Change the C code to match the Trajectory Planner Settings.

I see the Trajectory Planner Max Velocity Settings are set way too high 500ips = 30000ipm. Reduce them to reasonable values.

I still don't see a reason the Jog Step Buttons don't work. I thought you said the only work after Homing? Now they don't work at all? What is the current situation? also post your modified Init program and the Homing program you are actually using.

I can't see a reason defining the Axes would effect the Lube Timer.

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Ahh man. I need to slow down Was thinking 500IPM, totally forgot and overlooked it is IPS.

Sorry iam getting a little confusing.
    Currently have Main C code to enable only X and Y because iam STILL waiting on my 3rd drive replacement.>
    The current Referance code is also only X and Y.

I have tested with the 2 programs above and after i Reference X and Y, i tried the jog Step buttons and they still dont work.

The confusing part comes from machine at work, this machine has same issue with step buttons, but after i reference all axis(X,Y,Z) the step buttons work.

So back to my mill at home, (hurco) the step buttons are not working at all even after running the Reference program.

Thanks again,
    Troy

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast