New screen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New screen

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New screen

New screen-uploadfromtaptalk1483407045557-jpgNew screen-uploadfromtaptalk1483407100803-jpg

Tom I wanted you to see that your screen editor is not going to waste. The screen is 1920x1080. I will probably have a few questions about how to modify one of the mpg programs whichever is best. I would like to implement the mpg on my screen to enable/select axis/step size using virtual bits but hookup a hardware encoder for jogging. Also how to get some buttons to behave the way I would expect. Last is there a way to change the background image for kmcnc?

Thanks
    Ben

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New screen

Ok I have finally gotten a chance to use the screen I made. It works great but I have found a few issues. The cycle start and feedhold button images I created are not persistent. After starting the first cycle they revert to the original images that come with the program. It's worth noting I could not get the dotnet to load on the pc I'm running on so the screen was made on another pc. Any ideas on how to get things right would be great.

Thanks
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ben,

What Version are you running? I thought that issue was resolved in Version 4.34g with a new Button Type "DualButton". For the Cycle Start and FeedHold Buttons where KMotionCNC changes the image based on the machine state (rather than "pushed" state). See:

http://dynomotion.com/Software/KMoti...%20Changes.pdf

Regarding the background image: I'm not sure how useful that would be. But several Users have asked for it so we will probably add it. What were you thinking of? Here is one silly looking example:

New screen-kmotioncncsteel-jpg

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for getting back so soon. I am using 433h. I will change the screen button type to dual buttons for those 2 and let you know how it goes. As for the background I was going to make a full screen underlay that give a 3d effect to each area so everything would be bracketed so to speak. The pictures I took really don't give the full effect but all my buttons are 3d so the screen has some depth. I made 2 images or more for every button on the screen so each one has a pressed state. If your interested in the screen or buttons let me know and I'll figure out how to send them on. There's 11mb worth of images. Over 200 total. If you need any special buttons made I can add them to the libraries pretty easy now that I have come up with a good system for creating them.

Thanks
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

I tried the dualbutton setting but still no dice. If you press either button they revert back until kmotion is restarted. Is there somewhere I can find the images used in kmotion and copy my own over top using the same name and format?

Thanks
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ben,

It seems to work for me see video below. Please tell us exactly what steps you are doing and what happens.

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe it's most likely the crazy way I installed the program on the Windows 7 pc that is at issue. I have decided to install Windows 8 since I have a new unused copy that's been laying around for years. That will allow me to have the screen editor on the machine pc. Hopefully this will fix my issues.

Thanks again
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ben,

The Screen Editor should run on any OS beyond XP.

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

I have 2 different pc's with Windows 7 64 bit that I can't get to install the .net and other software that comes with kmotion for any reason. I tried everything I saw people mention trying in the Yahoo forum and I couldn't get any of that to work either. The pc's even refuse to read the signed drivers as well. I finally got kmotion loaded by turning off driver signature enforcement. But that's all it would load. As you can tell it's been driving me crazy.

Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

After switching to Windows 8 things are working exactly like the video. I am aware that the issues I was having we're not caused by the kmotion software.

Thanks
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ben,

Strange there was so much trouble with W7.

Thanks for posting back.

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom I have run into a new issue. I can run my machine through the warm-up routine as many times as I like and everything runs great. When I run the g-code for my current project I have a runaway every time. Always at the same spot in the code running a large circle. My first thought was a bad encoder but now I'm not so sure. The console gave me conflicting messages. The actual results varied during the runaway. Sometimes x would disable others it was y or both that disabled. Never z. Sometimes the dro would change to weird characters. Here are some pics.

Not sure where to go from here.

Thank you
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ben,

Please post your GCode, Init C File, and KMotionCNC Tool Setup settings for us to look at and see if we can duplicate the problem.

Also what do you mean by "warm up routine"?

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

It will be tomorrow afternoon before I can get those files for you. The warm-up program moves through the entire travel in xyz back and forth while the spindle runs at slow speed. It moves through the travels 21 times at 200ipm.

Thank you
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

I tried to move the files to my phone and that works fine. I could not figure out how to attach them in tapatalk. In the mean time I have kept doing my own tests and things are running well again. Somehow my trajectory planner settings in kmotion cnc had changed. Everything else was right. The only things on that screen that were different was the top trajectory planner tab and the accel under axis parameters. I changed these to what they were before I started building my screen and things are good. The fault always happened at a quadrant. My guess is that the higher acceleration caused the motor to go unstable while trying to apply backlash comp at the quadrant. The only lingering question I have is what caused the dro to change to -nan(ind)? Also is there any update on when we might see a way to change the kmotioncnc background image.

Thank you
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the update. DRO's showing -nan(ind) basically means a divide by zero or similar occurred somehow. Not sure why but incorrect setting could possibly be the reason.

Sorry for the delay on the KMotionCNC background image. We are trying to roll that in with some other features that would allow font/text changes on some of the other button types such as checkboxes and radio buttons. But having trouble so it may be a while.

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok my issues have returned. The k-flop is disconnecting pretty regularly. I will figure out how to get the files you asked for before sometime this week. The console does not really give me a good idea what's going on. When it disconnects I always get the tau message. Do you have any idea what that might mean?New screen-uploadfromtaptalk1490632517810-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ben,

The Tau printout is probably being printed by your Init C Program. It indicates that you have a small amount of Coordinated Motion Smoothing being applied. That isn't any indication of an error.

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

I am pretty sure I found and addressed the problems I was having. I really can't put any of the blame on kflop nor was it something I would ever expect. At first I thought it was the dust collection arcing to the frame causing the disconnection but it continued to happen after removing it from the system. It was faulting in the same places in the code so I thought maybe software which was a dead end thought.

I had run for 3 days with no issues making parts that were 2 sided taped to the plastic table top while running the vacuum system with no issues at all. I then set up a small machine vise for finishing the parts I hat precut. That's when all the faulting started. I never considered the vise as a suspect until I obeserved a few things that were not right. The places in the code that the faults occurred were places where the tool came very close to the vise jaws. Then after a fault I reinitialized and went to touch off a tool and while jogging up after zeroing the tool it faulted again before I even ran the code. I touch off using stainless shim stock. When I was jogging up the shim fell after the pressure from the tool was removed. The shim was touching both the tool and the the vise at the moment it disconnected. The machine is grounded throughout the frame and gantry including the control cabinet. You can put your probes on any part of the machine and get continuity. The table is plastic so there's no continuity from the machine to the part. Most of the time it doesn't matter with the materials I use. Apparently the vise on the table since it was not grounded was causing issues when the tool got close to it. I don't really know the science behind it but I have my guesses. Anyway running a ground wire from the vise to the rest of the machine stopped the disconnect issue. I also added a usb isolator between kflop and the pc just in case.

I also have a suggestion and a question.

On the Yahoo forum I noticed the tapping discussion and one thing stood out. There was a disconnect as to when and how to cancel the Q value in tapping. I think the most since would be made if it was returned to no peck value after reading g80 since g80 needs to be there to cancel the cycle anyway. Drill cycles don't retain the q value after g80 as far as I know and neither should tapping.

The question is do you have or know of how I can turn off and on soft limits in c code and attach it to a toggle button so I can turn them off without changing my initiate file. I tried to turn them off in my homing routine and it worked. At the end of the routine I tried to turn them back on and it didn't work. For me I think a button would be better to toggle them on and off and just leave them out of the homing program.
    Any advice would be great.

Thanks
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ben,

Also is there any update on when we might see a way to change the kmotioncnc background image.
    Sorry for the delay it turned out to be quite difficult. See:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/dynomo...ml#post2042538

Regards

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast