Problem Tool 0 in KmotionCNC 4.33 with new Tool File

Thread: Tool 0 in KmotionCNC 4.33 with new Tool File

Default Tool 0 in KmotionCNC 4.33 with new Tool File

Hi Tom,

We recently switched over to KmotionCNC 4.33 for our gantry robot testing application and it has created a Tool numbering problem for us; We frequently wish to use the robot with no tool in the spindle. In the past we accomplished this by sending M6 T0 to our .c tool change program which causes the robot to remove the tool from the spindle if one is there. Version 4.33 now requires a tool slot to be defined for T0 otherwise the error "Tool Slot not found on Tool Table" is generated. One workaround I found is to define a tool as ID 99 with no (0) slot. This allows me to execute the M6 T0 command but of course after the tool change the rollout menu shows ID 99 which I'd prefer to be 0. Also, if I try to select ID 99 from the rollout menu instead of M6 T0 a Tool Slot not found" is generated.

We already have systems and documentation out to clients that allow and use T0; Is there something I change to allow 0 to be entered in for Slot and ID in the tool table?

Thank you,
    Troy