Need Help! Wrong measures in KMOTIONCNC

Thread: Wrong measures in KMOTIONCNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wrong measures in KMOTIONCNC

I'm starting using CNC and i bought the kflop. I'm trying to run some gcode examples but the KmotionCnc measures the distances wrong. For example my X-axis is 15in long and when i move it manually using the jog buttons it shows that the x-axis is 7in long. Since i'm new to cnc i can´t find where to change the parameters.

The motors i'm using are the Nema 23 which has 200 steps per cycle, the pitch is 2mm and the lead is 8mm.

I was reading i was suposed to change the parameter called invDistPerCycle in the InitStepDir3Axis.c , i did the math and nothing changed.

I hope someone can help me out.

Thank you

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wrong measures in KMOTIONCNC

You need to set the Cnts/inch on the Trajectory Planner setup page - Tool Setup Trajectory Planner

Going by the figures you've provided, assuming there is no gearing, then 200steps/2mm = 100 steps per mm. And then converted to inch, 100*25.4 = 2540 cnts/inch.
    Once that's set, ensure you have mm/metric selected on the main KMotionCNC screen.