Newbie Unclear information for Kflop

Thread: Unclear information for Kflop

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Unclear information for Kflop

So i have been reading up on Kflop and it seems like a smart little controller someone even got it running under Linux which is great making it more versatile than moste EMC2 solution to date.

But.. I have been checking wiring diagrams and considering using stepper motors, ie. NEMA42s, drawing alot more amp than the KStep addon card actually can handle.
    So then i saw that i could use tha kanalog for driving the drivers.. but that was weird as well you only use one port of the kanalog and the rest you pick out of the RJ45 connector.

Isnt the JP7 port exposed on the kanalog or could i just run the 4 drivers directly from a Kflop.. Seems weird that i need to buy an additional expansion card for.. well one connection...

Anyone here can give me some insight into this? Their site is kinda lacking in information at least when you clicking thru the wiki and the current docs.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Unclear information for Kflop

If you have a 3rd party driver or drivers you can use the step/dir from kflop. Kanalog is for analog drive control and does not have any step/dir capability. If your talking about driving motors that would be with snapamp and they only drive 2 steppers each.

Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Unclear information for Kflop

If all you need is step/dir outputs, then all you need is the Kflop. If your spindle is +-10v then you could add the kanalog or even the Kstep. I have read that a some users are using a 3rd party board that converts step/dir to +10v for VFDs and such. My BOB has something similar built in. It works pretty good. I made a custom PCB to interface from the Kflop connectors to the parallel port on my BOB.

-vetsen