Need Help! Proper Startup/Shutdown Procedure for Kflop

Thread: Proper Startup/Shutdown Procedure for Kflop

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Proper Startup/Shutdown Procedure for Kflop

I am trying to layout and wire my Kflop/SnapAmp/Kanalog system, but I cannot find any documentation as to the proper powering up and shutting down of the Kflop and connected items.

Startup/System Powering up... is this anything more than turning on the 5volt supply?

Shutdown/Powering off... I assume the Kmotion has software procedures to prepare for cutting power, after that, is it again just pulling the plug on the 5volt supply?

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Proper Startup/Shutdown Procedure for Kflop

Hi MadTooler,

I think it is best to keep High Voltage Motor Power off while +5V for KFLOP/SnapAmp/Kanalog is off. I think that makes most sense and is safer. In other words:

To Power up - Turn on +5V fo KFLOP/SnapAmp/Kanalog then turn on High Voltage
    To Power Down - Turn off High Voltage then Turn off +5V fo KFLOP/SnapAmp/Kanalog

It should be ok to have High Voltage on while KFLOP/SnapAmp/Kanalog. But given the option the above method is preferred.

Note Kanalog Outputs power up in an undefined state until after KFLOP boots up. Kanalog has a single relay driver output called SWE that is guaranteed to come on only after KFLOP is fully booted up and all Kanalog outputs have been initialized off. So you might use that to control your High Voltage Motor/Drive Supplies. This will guarantee the High Voltage comes on after KFLOP receives +5V and boots up.

HTH
    Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com