Need Help! Kmotion Control Issues on K2CNC machine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kmotion Control Issues on K2CNC machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Kmotion Control Issues on K2CNC machine

We have an issue with K2CNC (model: KG2525HD-8-TT) and Kmotion controls.

We are able to move the X, Y, Z Axis, but can not turn on the spindle through Kmotion control (Kmotion432). M commands do not work, home buttons also do not work (C-program issues?) G-Code comands work fine.

We can turn spindle (PDS Columbo model: 70-S101) ON/OFF through manual operation of the Delta power supply module, so the spindle works. Put power module back into Auto mode and can not turn spindle on/off through PC controls using Kmotion program.

Does anyone have any advice on what to look for to resolve issue?

How would I fix the "HOME" button? I assume the "INIT" button also does not work. M3 and M5 buttons also do not work.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kmotion Control Issues on K2CNC machine-screenshot-051316-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kmotion Control Issues on K2CNC machine

I would start by opening KMotionCNC then pressing "Tool Setup". Under the "User Buttons" and "M" Code tabs are several options to set what happens when you click on a button or initiate an M code.
    I would check that the setting are correct... set bits, execute code, set DACs...

Hope this helps

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi NotMyCNC,

What is the history? Did the machine ever work? Was something changed?

You might find this Thread helpful:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/dynomo...rum-posts.html

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

History: The machine is about 2-yrs old, one of the last K2CNC made before going out of business. It worked fine for about 1 year. We had been cutting a lot of plastic on the machine, and the group using it took it out of service about 5-months ago because it was losing it's home/acting erratic. At the time it was shut down, the group said all the axis and operation was working correctly, but was unpredictable at times so they did not want to use it and did not have time to figure out what was wrong. I am trying to re-purpose the machine for another division, but finding it hard to get the spindle to work correctly. When I first started it up, the kmotion GUI did not look right and the window would not expand to full screen. I had to re-install the Kmotion software to get the buttons to appear at the bottom of the screen and the Z-axis controls to appear in the correct location.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@microtools: They are all set to "none" which may exlain why nothing happens, but I am not sure what to set them to. Any ideas on how to find out what the proper settings should be?

Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi NotMyCNC,

Re-installing the software (to the same directory) would set everything back to defaults and you would loose any configuration for your machine.

Did you read through the Thread I posted?

Do you have a previous Version of KMotion on the machine? What Version did you install? Do you have a backup of the computer?

Regards

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi TomKerekes,

I read through the thread you shared, I don't think it is the VFD. When the program initially came up on the computer, the axis jog control buttons were not in the right place, the init, home, etc. buttons were not visible, and the window could not be expanded. I re-installed and as you said I ended up defaulting to the original values. I have been poking around in the directories and found some K2 "C" programs and have made some minor progress by getting the buttons to start the rotation, and stop it, but I can not adjust spindle speed yet. Might not have the variables set right, or need another C-program running??

I have version 4.32 (I think based on program title "Kmotion432".

If anyone else has a K2CNC machine and can share the M-code configuration settings and user button settings I would greatly appreciate it!

Regards,

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Chris,

The Thread is not all about fixing the VFD. It also includes information regarding how the M/S Codes are configured for example.

K2_SpindlePWM.c, which is linked to the "S" command

Regards

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,

OK - I see now . . . I didn't go back far enough in the thread to see the discussion on tool set-up parameters. I was poking around in the C-programs and other folders trying to find the programs for the tool setup screen and found a batch program for the KG2525 in the driver folder of the K2 set-up folder. When I ran this, the tool set-up sheet populated with the right programs.

The issue/error I am running into now is that when I run the M3 code, I get error pop up screens that say: "Read Failed - Auto disconnect" & "G Code Error, GCode Aborted" & "Can't connect to Kmotion Board #0" The error pop-ups keep coming up several times, then I can execute the M5 command to stop the spindle. The S does not seem to directly translate into a spindle speed (e.g. no speed control). Does this perhaps indicate something else? Screenshots of error codes and tool set-up screens attached,

-Chris

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kmotion Control Issues on K2CNC machine-screenshots-051716-pdf   Kmotion Control Issues on K2CNC machine-screenshots-051716-tool-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Chris,

I suspect the disconnects just indicates that KFLOP is crashing because a program is being called that isn't loaded or configured properly. Its not much of a clue. I think K2CNC normally required a special "Driver" program to be loaded and Flashed into KFLOP Thread #7 (?). Maybe they also required a Spindle Control Program to be Flashed into KFLOP into another Thread. Is this the same KFLOP that originally more or less worked? Flashing new Firmware into KFLOP will have erased any User Programs that had been Flashed into it. For trial purposes the programs do not need to be Flashed - just downloaded loaded and run into KFLOP using KMotion.exe. You might search through the posted Thread other K2CNC threads regarding that.

HTH
    Regards

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am back at it again after intermittent attempts to try to figure out the error messages. Error messages [KMOTIONDLL "Auto disconnect"] error keeps popping up once I activate the drives (green light on the K2CNC KG2525HD). Happens with either KmotionCNC.exe or Kmotion.exe. I think it has something to do with the threads, or C-programs as you eluded to in previous reply, unfortunately I am unable to determine where/why it keeps recurring. I have tried all the things mentioned in this thread (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/k2cnc/...ml#post1705864), but still having issues. What's the best way to go about diagnosing the root cause so we can fix the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

NotMyCNC,

I helped someone long ago fix this same machine. Check out the attached files you might find these useful.

You can check the C files and the Init Files, and I think I recall like Tom said one of these threads like 7 was flashed, you might search for this troubleshooting adventure on this same forum, look around 7/17/2015.

Russ

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi NotMyCNC,

You might also try to determine if this is a noise/hardware problem or a software problem by turning off sources of noise. For example Spindle motor main power or Servo Motor Power.

Can you tell if KFLOP is resetting and rebooting? You might turn off a KFLOP LED (IO 46). If it comes back on after a problem then KFLOP probably re-booted.

Or is only the USB temporarily communication lost? If you restart KMotion.exe does it connect?

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe it's the same problem I had on my machine (not K2CNC), bad connection on the USB shield. It was the same thing that happened there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Tom/Stigoe!

I eliminated an active USB cable that shipped with the unit and ran a USB through a powered hub and many of tghe errors stopped popping up. The disconnects are temporary, but stop the machine whenever they occur. I did as Tom suggested and unplugged the spindle motor power supply. Was able to run a short program ramping up the spindle speed and moving the axis. The axis moved, the speed changed on the KmotionCNC dashboard and no errors. When I plug the power supply in and press the M3 button or run an M3 command, the disconnect error occurs. I need to clear it a couple times before I can hit M5 to stop the spindle, but it eventually will work, so the disconnect is temporary and likely an interference issue as suggested. We will take a look at how to control this interference - Any suggestions? Faraday cage?

Thanks,

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

NotMyCNC,

I would suggest two things. First get a USB isolator like this one on ebay. This will stop the EMI from going down the USB cable and casing the software to crash. The second is to ensure you spindle cable is shielded and grounded properly. I had these same issue when I setup my KFLOP on my large table router with a 7.5HP spindle. As soon as I took these steps all those issues disappeared.

Russ

USB Isolator ADUM4160 Built in Isolated 350mA 2watt Power Supply by Etimesparts | eBay

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Update and Thank you for the advice and help!

Working with a colleague here, we put a makeshift Faraday cage around the spindle power supply (metal trash basket with grounding strap) and just about completely cleared all the momentary disconnects. The signal wires from the control box (Kflop) were tie wrapped to the power cable of the spindle, so we cut them free and pulled them away where possible which further helped. The program (KmotionCNC.exe) freezes or loses connection with the Kmotion devices on occasion now which may have to do with the USB cable (I have ordered the one Russ suggested below). When the PC disconnects from the Kmotion boards, they can be reset by unplugging the USB and/or restarting the KmotionCNC.exe program. The other thing that happens over time is that the spindle will stop responding to the commands while everything else is working fine. no error messages, but no response form the drive.

Cable from Delta PS to the spindle does not appear to be shielded, nor does it require it from what we have seen in the Delta manual. Perhaps it is required because of the application and the cable proximity to the X-Y-Z motor cables?? Any other suggestions on what to look at/consider is appreciated!

Think I am a lot closer to resolving some long term nagging issues, just not sure how much of the iceberg remains underwater . . . Thanks again!

Downloads
    Uploads

NotMyCNC,

Is the spindle an AC spindle that uses a Delta VFD to control the motor? If so that absolutely needs a shielded cable. You you describe is exactly what happens, the spindle will not respond to M codes or adjustments in speed, etc. This is EMI causing all your issues. Check all AC lines to ensure the low voltage stuff does not travel next to anything low voltage. You will be happy you got that USB isolator.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

UPDATE:

Russ & Tom - THANK YOU for your help in diagnosing the grounding issue. The Cable to the Delta VFD was in fact shielded, but had not been grounded. With a lot of help from a colleague, we now have a properly grounded cable and system and have been able to run programs without any errors or losing zero!

I am now having issue with the HOME sequence which does not respond at all when I press the home button. I am calling the right program on the tool screen (c:\KFLOP\K2_HOME.c) and set the thread to 5 (where K2_Home.c is loaded) and var set @ 0. I can move the axis just fine with Kmotion CNC controls and G-code comands. in fact, all controls work fine, it is just the Home sequence (and I suspect the initialization sequence as well) that do not respond. Any ideas on what I may need to check with the Kflop or Kmotion configuration?

-Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Chris,

Post your c:\KFLOP\K2_HOME.c so we can see what it is trying to do.

Regards

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast