Newbie Kflop Robot 7/8 axis

Thread: Kflop Robot 7/8 axis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Kflop Robot 7/8 axis

Hello everyone, I am interested in buying a KFLOP controller. before buying I have some questions for you.
    I apologize for my English that is translated by Google, I hope you can understand.
    The use of Kflop I have to do is to control a robot to 7/8 axes + instrument, driven by stepper motors.
    the software is able to handle the 8 axes of control, with Gcode or other system? the software can be used without having to make changes?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kflop Robot 7/8 axis-organic4-jpg   Kflop Robot 7/8 axis-organic-nema-231-jpg  
    Last edited by Ibis6; 05-11-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kflop Robot 7/8 axis

Hello everyone, I am interested in buying a KFLOP controller. before buying I have some questions for you.
    I apologize for my English that is translated by Google, I hope you can understand.
    The use of Kflop I have to do is to control a robot to 7/8 axes + instrument, driven by stepper motors.
    the software is able to handle the 8 axes of control, with Gcode or other system? the software can be used without having to make changes?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ibis6,

KFLOP itself is capable of 8 axes of simultaneous coordinated motion. However our GCode Interpreter, Trajectory Planner, Kinematics libraries are currently limited to 6 axes. The 6 of 8 axes can be changed on the fly. Also additional axes beyond 6 can be slaves, tool changers, spindles, etc...

HTH
    Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the reply. in effect, the robot has 6 axes and 1 motor for the gripper. so if I understand you can handle 6-axis and the engine of the clamp? if I wanted to manage 8 axes that software should I use?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ibis6,

For only 6 axes plus 1 gripper you should be ok. You could use our KMotionCNC Application for XYZABC. You might handle the gripper with an M Code configured to tell KFLOP how to set the gripper position.

To do 8 axes of simultaneous coordinated motion you would need to write your own GCode Interpreter, Trajectory Planner, Kinematics, etc (or expand on ours) to issue low level 8 axes KFLOP commands such as:
    Script Commands. That would be a significant amount of work.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com