KFlop G540

Thread: KFlop G540

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default KFlop G540

My USB SmoothStepper is beginning to do some esoteric things i don't like very much and I won't tolerate this much longer, so I'm considering buying a KFlop board against another SS board but Ethernet this time. But I also have a Gecko G540 and I know it won't be as simple as swapping the SmoothStepper board for the KFlop board.

Are there any simple but nice and clean means to "plug" a KFlop to a G540? Special cable? Intermediate board? Whatever?

Are there any other aspect of this kind of transition I should know about? Will I loose some of the features of the KFlop board?

Thanks,

Yves

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KFlop G540

CNC4PC do a KFlop Connector Board, which I think would allow you to use a reasonably standard cable to the G540 - KFLOP CONNECTOR BOARD

You'd have to check, but I'm sure the KFlop Connector Board essentially gives you two parallel port similar to a SS, so you could then use your original cable. Other option would be some basic breakout boards (Winford is the often mentioned source IIRC), then make a custom cable to the G540.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KFlop G540

Yes the Winford BRK2X13 board seem a possibility and the CNC4PC as well.

Thanks,
    Yves