Need Help! KMotionCNC Tool Setup - Trajectory Planner Velocity setting unresponsive

Thread: KMotionCNC Tool Setup - Trajectory Planner Velocity setting unresponsive

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default KMotionCNC Tool Setup - Trajectory Planner Velocity setting unresponsive

Greetings,

I searched the forums and did not find a solution, so I apologize if this has been asked before.

When I set the velocity and acceleration using the KMotion console or C code to the KFlop channels, it affects the G0 speed as expected.

But, the only way I can seem to increase the speed of the G1 commands is by increasing the counts per inch inside of the KMotionCNC, setting the velocity parameter right next to the counts / inch doesn’t seem to accomplish anything.

Does anyone know of a reason why the motor would not increase in speed when I adjust the velocity, but can keep being adjusted upwards in speed by changing the counts per inch?

Thanks very much in advance to anyone who can provide some insight.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by EnviDC; 04-07-2016 at 06:56 PM. Reason: formatting

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KMotionCNC Tool Setup - Trajectory Planner Velocity setting unresponsive

Are you setting the G1 speed via an F command?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KMotionCNC Tool Setup - Trajectory Planner Velocity setting unresponsive

I am having the same problem. If I move in 1 inch increments with KmotionCNC it moves nice and fast. But if I use the jog buttons, it moves really slow. I tried velocity values from 1 to 420 in the trajectory planner and it still moves at the same speed. The only way I can get it to move fast is by changing counts/inch, but then my 1 inch moves is no longer 1 inch.

EDIT: It moves nice and fast when I use step response in Kmotion. It's only when controlling it with KmotionCNC. I even tried changing feedrate in the gcode program.

EDIT2: I think I figured it out. I changed the "jog" values from 1 to 10 in the trajectory planner and was able to obtain the speeds we are looking for.

Last edited by bcmaint; 04-12-2016 at 03:21 PM.