Torque controlled drive - turn off all filters?

Thread: Torque controlled drive - turn off all filters?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Torque controlled drive - turn off all filters?

I'm getting ready to wire up my KFlop/KAnalog to my DMM Dyn3 drives for a 3-axis mill. My intention is to run the drives in torque control, as everything I've read says that is the best, highest bandwidth way to control motion, but at the expense of difficulty in tuning (not scared by that, but maybe I should be).

The drive manual shows some filtering is applied to the ±10 V torque commands (I think there are a bunch of typos in here. Where it says speed, I think they mean torque; looks like someone just copied and pasted from the speed control section of the manual):

Am I correct in thinking I should turn off all the torque and acceleration filtering, and let KFlop handle it all?

Thanks,
    -Steve

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torque controlled drive - turn off all filters?-torque1-jpg   Torque controlled drive - turn off all filters?-torque2-jpg   Torque controlled drive - turn off all filters?-torque3-jpg   Torque controlled drive - turn off all filters?-torque4-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torque controlled drive - turn off all filters?

Hi Steve,

I'm thinking you are probably right. Or set them to very fast response.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com