KFLOP/Kanalog set up - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KFLOP/Kanalog set up

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KFLOP/Kanalog set up

Where the machine will eventually end up the control panel will be turned 90 degrees from the position it is on now so it will not be a big deal. With all of the the things that can be customized I thought it might be just a simple keystroke.
    Now to move on to "Cooler and even more High Tech Stuff !"
    When my Y axis is moving at rapid there seems to be a resonance in the axis. Only happens after 10 or so inches, and only at rapid. Should I turn down gain or slow my speed to eliminate it? I turned down the gain a little and it seemed to help a little but it is still there.

Have my soft limits working like a boss. Made sure they didn't over travel into hard limits when going full rapid. If I wanted to put in a velocity change say 50000 counts before the soft limit to get full travel, How would I do this? My soft limit is already set for 1070000, but when I come at it full speed it stops around 1095000. Is there verbiage to either make it not exceed the limit or slow it down some before it gets to the limit?
    Not sure if I am explaining it correctly. When we see a stop sign we brake before we get to the line instead of slamming on the brakes at the line. My load position works perfect in not overshooting the line, but the soft limits routinely run over to a degree. I know a soft limit is a stop line and not a destination for the axis. Any way to let the machine know it is there during a jog movement? This is strictly to help myself from doing something stupid. I am afraid I will be on the jog button and bang something hard. The more I can make the machine "Murphy" proof, the better.
    Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Chris,

When my Y axis is moving at rapid there seems to be a resonance in the axis. Only happens after 10 or so inches, and only at rapid. Should I turn down gain or slow my speed to eliminate it? I turned down the gain a little and it seemed to help a little but it is still there.
    That should be a motor tuning issue. See if you can demonstrate the problem using the Step Response Screen with a large size move within its 3 second capture capability. Then post the data and your settings and we may be able to help.

Have my soft limits working like a boss. Made sure they didn't over travel into hard limits when going full rapid. If I wanted to put in a velocity change say 50000 counts before the soft limit to get full travel, How would I do this? My soft limit is already set for 1070000, but when I come at it full speed it stops around 1095000. Is there verbiage to either make it not exceed the limit or slow it down some before it gets to the limit?
    Not sure if I am explaining it correctly. When we see a stop sign we brake before we get to the line instead of slamming on the brakes at the line. My load position works perfect in not overshooting the line, but the soft limits routinely run over to a degree. I know a soft limit is a stop line and not a destination for the axis. Any way to let the machine know it is there during a jog movement? This is strictly to help myself from doing something stupid. I am afraid I will be on the jog button and bang something hard. The more I can make the machine "Murphy" proof, the better.
    There isn't a slow down region for soft limits. You might be able to use a monitoring C program to watch position and velocity to trigger a Feedhold at just the right time.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I hate to jump in to this on a feature request. The suggestion above about only having one button for each direction and separate buttons for type of jog is a good one. That would help clean-up the screen dramatically. Direction changes I don't need but I can see how for some it would be useful. Either way it works great now.

Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the input. It is noted.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12